cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

android 2.2 update

has any one been able to either get adobe flash or , android update 2.2 instead of waiting for samsung.

623 REPLIES 623
Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is a site:

http://phandroid.com/2010/09/01/how-to-disable-touchwiz-on-the-epic-4g/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure why that was re: me but that's ok. I've tried these instructions at least a dozen times, now, even wiping my phone back to factory (interesting thing about that is it's still rooted for some reason).

Here's what I get

#  MANUAL  MODE   #

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

Verifying current system...

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/playlogo", "6a77fea73c3f3b748002531304610c12e8d4280c", "728be192b070956bae9bab70b2e56e80d6c6adb4")

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I've made sure that the rename was right (my extensions are not hidden). The file specs of the download are:

Size 90.0 MB (94,374,821 bytes)

Size on Disk 90.0 MB (94,375.936 bytes)

It generates an MD5 of 708b67bb9ee9e7fa380c8b785fde395c

So, I don't know why it's not taking. Anyone have any clues?

(I wish I had known about AppMonster before I wiped my phone the first time LOL)

Highlighted
Journeyman

The file I have is 92,163.

Worked fist time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

You guys are working way too hard at this. If you are going to use odin, why flash di18 and then d the update.zip? Just go to the Epic forum on the xda developers site and download the rar version of the update and flash that in odin. It will save a lot of time and the instructions are extremely easy. Also it should fix any problems you are having. I did mine that way and gps works better than it ever has.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love my Epic! After I did the update to Froyo 2.2.1, I was experiencing some lag time and the GPS was messed up.  I just did a factory reset, re-rooted my phone and restored everything from Titanium Backup Pro... bam!  Works Absolutely Freakin Fantastic!

Highlighted
Journeyman

TO revert back to stock 2.1 follow these directions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=773032

To do ANYTHING else just go here. This is pretty much the only forum you need. SDX is good too but there is more info for the Epic on this forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=716

If you brick your phone just reflash either stock 2.1 or stock 2.2 with odin and it will be back up and running just like new.

If your comp doesnt read your phone in download mode try installing the drivers also found in the forum above.

Hope this helps!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

For what it's worth:

I've been receiving a massive OTA push from Sprint since yesterday... 70Mb downloaded so far, most likely the OTA everyone's been waiting for. I already have Froyo installed from my SDcard, so it will be interesting to see what happens when this OTA download is installed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where are you located?  And since you mentioned "since yesterday", how long has it been downloading.  Is this the norm to take hours to download?

Thanks.

--Keith

Highlighted
Journeyman

City of Angels

I don't know if it's normal or not, but a 90Meg update x # of users suggests that chunking and spreading the push over a longer time period would be wise.

Unfortunately, it keeps my radio energized constantly, so I have to keep the phone plugged in.

Imagine if Sprint just gave everyone a link to an update file like most people do with blackberries.... seems too logical a solution.

78 Meg downloaded so far.... almost there.

Message was edited by: pierrat

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I'm outside of the nation's capital.  Guess we won't get it till next week, if then.  .  It's too bad, I'm one of the guys who has waited and now will probably be one of the last to get.

Highlighted
Journeyman

are you sure it is a official OTA update? j/k sorry man just so sick of this. I am glad someone is finally getting one I hope it is Froyo and it works great! Please send the info of the firmware, hardware and os version after it is complete.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat