cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

android 2.2 update

has any one been able to either get adobe flash or , android update 2.2 instead of waiting for samsung.

623 REPLIES 623
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes.  I am running the 2.2.1 Froyo "leak".   This ability is one of the new features of 2.2.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And this is why I am patiently waiting for the official release.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's pretty simple if you don't know what your doing and you don't know about Odin and how to flash back to Stock 2.1 bullsh*t Elclair then don't do it.... wait for Sprint and / or Samsung to get their act together and get the "Official" OTA Update out.  Even when / if the "Official" release comes out you had better bet your ass that there are still gonna be bugs... same with 2.3 Gingerbread and 3.0 Honeycomb so deal with it stop all the bitching and fuss... either flash it or not. Very Very Simple! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

KLIES DOES NOT WORK FOR THE EPIC YET....i did download klies and it will not detect a device...apparently my guess is that is part of our hold up on froyo...i called sprint and they verified currently klies does not support the epic...that is so crazy considering how there promoting this phone like the evo with half the perks of the evo...so i took the update into my own hands and downloaded dk28..i figured it out and did it step for step, i like it alot, it works unfortunately i did run into some minor snags...gonna try and fix but so far sadly though i have heard nothng but good of the leaked update i might have to do a hard reset...anyone else had any glitches with the new update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

im running the leak to and i got a few glitches for starters my camera does not work and i can not get in to my music player, everything on my sd card i cant access such as pictures videos, and music...yet all my apps work (expect the ones dealing with those items)...i kno i have to do a hard reset but not sure if that is done in recovery mode or not and than should i try again, those items are on my sd card but for some reason the phone doesnt see them....anyone have any help for me, kinda green on all this, everything i kno is from google....lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's been a week or longer since I have posted and thought I would drop my two cents worth in.  I have been working a great deal, as well as wanting to wait until I could give some feedback with how the upgrade to Froyo on both our phones has been going.  I am running the leaked version and shifted back to DI18, then back to DK28 on both phones.   Both phones have been working well, GPS better than ever, and have been satisfied with some of the updated features that we really wanted.   I realize updating this way isn't for everyone and those it is not for will only a couple of weeks left to wait, if that.  I am happy with the way the phones are functioning now and do not plan to make any other changes to them in the near future, or at least until Gingerbread is finally released for the Galaxy S phones, but am not in any hurry for that as this update has the phones working well for me.  All the best everyone!.    -Russ

Highlighted
Journeyman

This article describes how to put your Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint into Android’s “recovery mode” or the phone’s “download mode.”

Recovery Mode

1. Turn your Epic 4G off
  2. While the phone is off, hold down the “Volume Down” button, “Camera” button, and “Power” button and hold them
  3. Now you will boot into Recovery Mode

Use the volume rocker to navigate through the menu options, use the “Home” button to select options, and the “Menu” button to toggle “manual mode.”

Recovery Mode allows you four options:

• reboot system now
  • apply sdcard:update.zip
  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition

Reboot system now – This will simply reboot the device and bring you back to a powered on, normal state.

Apply sdcard:update.zip – This will take any “update.zip” file on the sdcard and apply the changes to the phone. Update.zip files are often used for root procedures, ROM installations, and device modifications as well as updates.

Wipe data/factory reset – This will wipe all of the data and applications on the phone and reset the Epic 4G to stock factory data and settings.

Wipe cache partition – This action wipes cached data on the phone’s memory. Some device modifications will request or require this action prior to installation

Download Mode

1. Turn your Epic 4G off
  2. While the phone is off, hold down the “1″ key on the QWERTY keyboard while holding the “Power” button
  3. Now you will boot into Download mode

Download mode is often used when flashing firmware updates. It can be used with the Odin 3 firmware program on Windows.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just Read on the G4 Games website that Sprint has finally started pushing the FroYo 2.2 update (OTA) to a select group of people, with any luck we will have ours by Christmas. I'm not holding my breath, what good is being a Sprint Premier customer if you don't get things when they first come out...heheh Oh well, I've waited this long, what's a few more weeks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As nice as that would be to get it i don't think any of us on here will....if you do more power to you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Been running 2.2 for almost a week now.  I did do a fresh install using ODIN to get to DL18, then the update file to get to 2.2.  For the most part, things are running well.  The main issues that I am running across are:

1) Android keyboard "Word Suggestions" do not appear all the time.

2) Android keyboard Auto-complete is not functioning correctly.

3)  The calibration is not very good.  In portrait, my device switches to landscape for no reason.

4) Unable to disable the keyboard sounds with the Swype keyboard

5)  I don't think the battery life is much improved from the 2.1 version.

One thing that is cool is that there is a "tally" for unread email messages that appears on the Email icon.  I like that.  I wish it would show you the number of unread messages on the home screen if you have multiple email accounts that you have a shortcut for.  Google maps seems to work, but there are times that my location is reported incorrectly. That's all for now.

Highlighted
Wizard

Do you have a link to where on the G4 site you saw news that Sprint has started pushing out the Froyo update?  It would be nice to see exactly who said what on this topic over there.  Is the news from anyone official?  It would be nice if this is true, because a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this update.  Hopefully it is going to be coming to everyone very soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I posted in a different thread this weekend but I was at a sprint shop at the mall here by Denver and the kid said something about February.  I almost lost it but then he said that the sprint rep said on December 27th for the update.  Of course this is for what its worth anyway

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat