Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 update

@LNA132613

If you honestly believe that, then your just technologically illiterate. The Android community does not want people like you who don't understand jack shit, to come out with this optimistic attitude saying the wait is worth it. Other devices got 6 weeks and we are going past 6 months on 2.2 launch time. You're the dumbest motherfucker I have ever met if you think that they require time to "work out the kinks". Seriously! I program in multiple programming languages and I have worked on/am working on, many projects that require updates as well. And I'll tell you from experience, IT'S NOT HARD! Why's it taking so long? Because Carriers and Samsung want to gum up the works with their own proprietary software and modifications. They hate that opensource stuff exists and they just want to control the consumer.

Save yourself the embarrassment by never saying such a thing ever again.

Message was edited by: Acilius

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dev... I would like to get some help... I have never flashed before and I would like to try the custom ROM that you installed...

Nevermind... Got it...

Message was edited by: CBERRIOS11

Highlighted
Journeyman

Devi, what are the problems with Banzai1.1.3, I haven't had any issues yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

1/9/11  THERE IS A NEW KID IN TOWN CALLED HTC EVO 4G SHIFT AND HAS  A NICE 2,2 FROYO UNDER THE HOOD , PEOPLE WE ARE SUCKING THE WIND AND DUST WITH THIS EPIC, IT LOOK LIKE IM GIVING THIS EPIC TO THE MUSEUM

Message was edited by: CARRASQUILLO57

Highlighted
Journeyman

CARRASQUILLO57 wrote:

1/9/11  THERE IS A NEW KID IN TOWN CALLED HTC EVO 4G SHIFT AND HAS  A NICE 2,2 FROYO UNDER THE HOOD , PEOPLE WE ARE SUCKING THE WIND AND DUST WITH THIS EPIC, IT LOOK LIKE IM GIVING THIS EPIC TO THE MUSEUM

Message was edited by: CARRASQUILLO57

In about 2 months something better than that will be out...  usually every 3-6 months something better will always be out.

Best to buy what will work with you for 2 years at time of purchase than to rely on what it "could" have in the future.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not all of us are sucking the wind & dust. I updated the phone myself and I'm in love with it all over. Now I get a better battery life, beautiful looking interface, customized walpapers. It's like jumping to Win 7 from XP.

I don't expect everyone to be technologically inclined but a little "nosy-ness" pays off.

So instead of going around and tell everyone "Ah it's this, ah it's that, no good, I hate it....", I go around and look for things I can make it work better "for me".

I'm a computer technician and I deal with people who work on the computer all day long, break it (because mostly they don't know what they're doing), yet they blame the "stupid computer" for not functioning. And the worst part is they go around and tell everyone that it's the computer's fault. Well, I say "the comuter was fine before you started working on it. If you know what you're doing the computer will do exactly what it's made for"

So, read more into this Epic business and see if you can find more info and what you can do with that powerfull tool in your palm. You'd be surprised how easy it is to update to your favourite interface and make use of the most of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine banzai works fast, but I'm having issues installing apps... It crashes everytime I try...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Which version of Banzai you have?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm running the 1.1.3 version... The latest one I presume...

Highlighted
Journeyman

A good thing about this Banzai version is - it can handle both RFS & Ext4 files. So if you want to install older Spring applications (Navigation, TV, etc.) you can without issues. As for the Samsung stuff, they are already on there (most of them). Where do your issues hang?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I go to the market, I see the apps that I used to have before I flashed the phone... I tried to install those apps back and that's when my phone crashes... I'm going to Odin back to DK28 and try again to see if this fixes the problem...

Highlighted
Journeyman

That sounds weird!

I'm assuming first you rooted your phone and updated to DK28 before installing any custom ROMs on it, right?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat