cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Journeyman

android 2.2 update

has any one been able to either get adobe flash or , android update 2.2 instead of waiting for samsung.

Tags (2)
623 REPLIES 623
Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 update

I too am waiting and hope it is soon.  There are 3 issues I have that will be fixed when Froyo comes out.  -Russ

Journeyman

yea i heard we can watch hulu when it comes

Journeyman

I'm looking for the upgrade so that:

(1) I can use my Gmail linked contacts and sort by last name

(2) So that I can use my Jawbone headset and make calls by voice commands thru the headset only

(3) Flash

and other reasons.  Hulu now would be an additional one.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung and Sprint are committed to getting Android 2.2 update out for the Epic.  But it's not out yet.

We'll be updating the Community as soon as we have launch plans in place for the upgrade.

Thanks for the interest!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Why does the HTC EVO have Android 2.2 but not the Epic?  I have a friend with a Sprint HTC EVO and it has Android 2.2.  It would be great to have Android 2.2 since it has been out for some time now and the fact that when I bought my phone the sales rep said that it should have Android 2.2 on it or they could put it on right away.

Journeyman

I spoke with Spint Advanced Tech support the other night for a dfferent problem but asked the question when will the epic get 2.2. I was told first they will fix the bugs reported on this phone so the fix can be added to the 2.2 update. I was told it will be rolled out the same as the EVO. Problems with the phone, then 2.2.  They did say it should not be too long of a wait

Journeyman

just curioous what kind of problems you have with epic,  the evo just came in i seen the commercials so the update should be few weeks.

Journeyman

I called on screen protectors. I was told wto conflicting responses, one from the Sprint store, one from Best Buy. Best Buy has what looks like a much better screen protector. It covers the whole phone with tiny cut outs for the speaker.  Sprint has one that only covers the viewing part of the screen. The one at Best Buy (and many other places) has a solution you lighly spray on before putting the protecter on. The offical sprint one has no solution. When I looked at the one in the sprint store I was told by them I should not put the one at Best buy on as it could damage the screen. I went to Best Buy and they said that is just Sprint trying to push their product and they never heard of it.  I went home and called Sprint ( the local stores are locally owned and they have told me wrong things MANY times before).  FYI  based on past experience at the local Sprint stores I avoid them if there is any way possible but will check things out there if needed.  When I called Sprint they connected me to advanced Tech support. While I was talking with them I asked about the 2.2 upgrade.

Sprint Tech Support said the store is correct and protectors applied with solution should not be used as it could damage the screen. They said the screen properties are different then other phones and I should only use a protector with out solution like theirs.

However the protector at Best buy looks MUCH better on the phone A person had it put on their EPIC while I was there and it looked really nice

The sprint one at least to me stands out on like a sore thumb on that really nice looking phone

Know it could still be a biased answer from Sprint  I called Samsung Mobile on Monday. Their tech support told me DO NOT use any protector with solution and if I do it would VOID the warranty as I knowing applied a liquid  to the phone and thiswould void the  warranty. Not just for the screen

but the entire phone since water (solution) could possible end up anywhere on the phone.

I have not been back to Best Buy but I do plan to let them know what I was told the next time I am in the store

Journeyman

Thanks for the Heads Up! Your correct with the information which you share and it was "BESTBUY" for me also (LOL). The protector you may be referring to is "ZAGG" http://www.zagg.com My son used it on a his previous phone and it worked GREAT but it will get dirty around the edges after awhile. That tells you how long it can stay on a phone and really protect it. After awhile the glide will slow down while you use your finger. It won't be as slick.  He still has it on his phone after 2 yrs. Shockingly he didn't upgrade yet.  However,a regular phone gaurd will be fine. It doesn't allow the screen to ever touch anything when set down.

The 2.2 update I am still waiting for like everyone else.

Journeyman

Comments about screen protectors is a little confusing for me. The Galaxy S handsets, including, of course, Epic all have gorilla glass screens. Go to the Corning web site for an explanation of the product. Essentially this stuff is pretty indestructible and, if you follow other forum commnets on the glass, it seems to clean itself when simply dropped into your pocket.

Bought the screen protector when I picked up my phone at the Sprint store. Did not know then that gorilla glass waspart of the deal and was never told. But I was sold the screen protector. A bad option given the built in alternative.

Journeyman

Gorilla Glass does still scratch.  I have a Droid with it and a couple of scratches after I removed the screen protector.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat