cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 updateabdroid

right, but how do mere mortals do this? where is the updated build/file? how do we apply it to the phone? right now they have us by the you-know-whats. I'd do this tomorrow if I could, but how?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That was my point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Basing it on the fact that anything samsung I had didnt work right and broke and felt cheap yes I have handled the phone CHEAP samsung sucks.

So you're basing it on your own uninformed and unsupported opinion--gotcha...kinda what I figured...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thx, I'll look at DK17, I tried out DJ29 and I had a few issues with it. I went back to a 2.1 Syndicate Rom.  I'm gonna backup now and try out the one you mentioned.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have owned Samsung Crap before tv's cell phones it just does not work out for me I stay away from them. It is my opinion yes. But Samsung does not work for me ok. The phones have terrible signal and the tv I had quit working on me after 2 years of having it. I'm just saying I have bad luck with their products. You didn't get me Samsung got me out of my money and never will that happen again. If you have good luck with them and think they are good products fine but they do not last or work that long when I handle them. Nothing Samsung will be in my house ever again. I don't want to have a phone that I have to reboot all the time.

Message was edited by: geminimind

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 update

geminimind wrote:

Not trying to rub it in because I wanted the epic but I remember the moment and its problems so I chose the evo. I even waited for it. They tried to sell me an epic but I just seen it coming. Not laughing about it at all.

Sorry man...i was just giving you a little crap and attempting some sarcastic humor! I replied to a "no reply" email on my phone and didnt realize that it didntgo thru!  text can be of the devil sometimes!

Highlighted
Journeyman

geminimind wrote:

I have owned Samsung **** before tv's cell phones it just does not work out for me I stay away from them. It is my opinion yes. But Samsung does not work for me ok. The phones have terrible signal and the tv I had quit working on me after 2 years of having it. I'm just saying I have bad luck with their products. You didn't get me Samsung got me out of my money and never will that happen again. If you have good luck with them and think they are good products fine but they do not last or work that long when I handle them. Nothing Samsung will be in my house ever again. I don't want to have a phone that I have to reboot all the time.

Message was edited by: geminimind

You dont ever have to reboot the Evo?  WOW!  I had to reboot my old Blackberry Curve all the time.  Thats the phone I had previously.  i DO have to reboot the epic every once in a while.  I thought that was just how they are.  I was told since they are like little computers, and the fact is i have to reboot my PC's once in a while, that that was the norm.  As far as Samsung, I have had LOTS of luck with Samsung products.  Insignia Brand TV's are often manufactured by LG or Samsung.  I have owned 2.  A DLP (actually was a SAMSUNG) and a plasma (I have it now-an "Insignia" but its breally manufactured by Samsung) and they both have performed well.

THAT said, if i had the experience you did, I would feel the same way you do as well.  We are the sum of our personal experiences.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL. The reason you have to reboot your PC all the time is because you've been duped into using Windows failure-ridden operating system. Linux OSs, and Mac OSs don't require that. Andriod is a linux-based OS, and should really never need a reboot unless there's a major update (to the kernel, for example).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wanted to get the epic even after the bad luck I tend to have with samsung because of the vibrant screen and keyboard. But when I started to hear all the issues I turned away from it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

stop fucking lying everybody got but sprint cut the fuckery already and realese that befor gingerbread drops and we dont get that shit either you fuckin bum

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought Sprint's Epic. I used Skype w/out any problems from my iphone. Now I can't log in. From what I read Skype has a deal with Verizon and will not support Sprint. Anyone has inside info? Is Skype going to work on Ver.2.2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

A greed on the PC issue.  I have long known that PC's suck. I have a friend who had her MAC since 1996 and just recently replaced it. I will be buying a MAC next.  So the fact that the Epic needs rebooting (despite being Linux based) is what then?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat