Journeyman

announcement soon for the epic 4g

today? will it be on 21th?

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: announcement soon for the epic 4g

This lack of information is frustrating. There hasn't even been a decent leak.

Message was edited by: rasstar

Highlighted
Journeyman

i've read online in many places that it's going to be out on the 20th of this month.  which would be next friday.  hopefully they are all correct.  sprint hasn't said anything yet.  and i know people who WORK there and they can't even tell me if there's a pre-order option available... so midnight of the 20th i'm online and looking.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also read it would be out on the 8th, 11th,16th,20th and 21st. Preorders was suppose to begin on the 5th then the 6th. At this point I am waiting for sprint.

Message was edited by: renegaid

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just tell us SOMETHING.

Highlighted
Wizard

dfelton72 wrote:

Just tell us SOMETHING.

The cheetah is the fastest land animal.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

dfelton72 wrote:

Just tell us SOMETHING.

We (community team) don't know when the release date is.  PR / product / marketing are playing it close to the vest on this one!

Oh, and something else -- we don't know how much it'll cost!

I do know I want one.  🙂

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sure they have their reasons, but this isn't looking positive to the consumers. Verizon just launched (in a straightforward fashion) the Droid 2 (with upcoming ultra-geek Star Wars version lol), the Droid X is looming, and if you're willing to forego a keyboard, you can get a Galaxy S at at least 2 other carriers. And, perhaps worst of all, you can't get an Evo. I have patience and zero real incentive to leave, but it has to have some people antsy and looking elsewhere, especially potential new customers. They have real momentum going with the Evo, but how long will it last in the wake of all these adversities?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand you can't tell us anything about release, cost or pre ordering, can you at least tell us when they plan on letting us know these things?

Highlighted
Journeyman

You ask as if the people who read and post in these threads know something you don't. We all want to know when, or when information will be available on pricing and release. But we don't know, and Sprint ain't telling. The most we can tell you is what you've already been told and has been rumored online.

The phone was rumored to start preorders around the 5th, nobody heard anything...at least I haven't.

The phone is/was rumored to go on sale today the 11th, don't look like that's going down.

Future rumors have preorders starting around the 16th and the phone going on sale the 21st, but we don't know as Sprint has not confirmed this. So we just have to wait and see.

Thats all the info I've seen here or anywhere else, and I doubt sprint or another source is going to come forward and tell you anything different.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't expect anyone to tell me anything about a release date, I wouldn't believe them if they did.

If you look I was asking the Sprint Admin if they had any news about when they would be making some sort of announcement of when this information would be available- I don't even care if it is accurate or vague, just something besides "coming soon".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like I said, no sprint rep is liable to tell you anything other than what you already know.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat