cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

announcement soon for the epic 4g

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: announcement soon for the epic 4g

Kind of wish they would wait and release it with 2.2 installed.  We know 2.2 is out there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

and like I said, all I want is "Sprint usually makes announcements on [insert day here]" Something a sprint employee would know and quite possibly answer and I haven't seen anyone else ask that question.

Highlighted
Master

The problem with that is there isn't a particular day that Sprint usually announces things. I can say that there usually aren't announcements on the weekend, so that takes care of 29% of the week, but that doesn't really help any more since that leaves 5 days a week. Announcements are made once things are finalized. It very well could be that they are waiting to announce the date and price until they are certain there will be enough stock on hand for the launch and orders for Samsung to send out for replenishment. It could be that the software isn't finished yet and up to par for release, and so even though the devices are made, the finalized software can't be loaded on them yet. The fact is that we don't know right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats what I was looking for, even though it's not what I wanted to hear. Thank you for responding 😃

Highlighted
Journeyman

They might be waiting so they can preload it with Froyo, or at least have the update ready to go when they ship.  It would make a lot more sense to launch with Froyo then launch the phone and update within a few weeks.  Honestly though, anyone's guess is as good as mine.  Sprint will release the phone when they release it.  I am interested to see how it compares to the Evo (in usage not specs).  The Evo is a great phone even though I don't have 4G in my area yet.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat