cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery life gone to pieces due to display

Highlighted
Journeyman

battery life gone to pieces due to display

Just in the last 24 hours, I have noticed that my battery life has gone from lasting me up to a day and a half, to barely lasting 5 hours. I had to put my phone on the charger yesterday morning, was gone for most of the day, and when I returned, took it off the charger at around 6 (about the typical 6 hours that I usually have the charger plugged in when I sleep at night). I sent about 10 text messages, and had 2 phone calls lasting me no more than 15 minutes, but just before 11 last night, my phone started going off telling my my battery needed to be recharged! It barely lasted me 5 hours when I never even used it! This has never happened to me before. I put my phone back on the charger last night, took it off around 7, and now its got barely 5% battery life left. When I checked my battery usage, it shows that display is at 89%, yet its on the dimmest setting possible because the bright lights the phone can generate bothers my eyes, and standby is at 30 seconds. I have never had an issue with my phone or the display before, but I dont know what to do with this. What do i do?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem went into the Sprint store and they took my email and facebook options off so I didn't stay on line with both of those in the background running all day long now my battery is holding a charge.  Disable you background data in settings, trun off the 4 G, the Wi-Fi and Blue tooth unless you need them that way they don't keep running.  Also go under samsung widgets and pull up program monitor and it also has a way to close out active applications running when your done using the internet ect.  I know I was going crazy that my battery was alway dead.  Oh I am new to this site seen you posted on January 12 Maybe you already have the answer I am sending it any way. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed the same with 2.2.  I'm now using an app called Juice Defender from the market and it has helped alot.  I can go a whole day with moderate use without charging.

Highlighted
Journeyman

good to know.  Had my epic for 6 months and am sick of it.  Can't hold a charge for nothing compared to I phone.  Getting ready to go and complain  in the store.  Thanks for input.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I sometimes wonder how faithfully those battery use figures are recored and reported. I do find when I am in a stronger signal area it lasts a lot longer even though supposedly it is the Display using the lion's share of my juice when I am a low signal area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i agree when im in strong signal i do notice maybe 15% to 20% battery gain than when im at home with a poor/ moderate signal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the similar problem on Epic after I upgraded to Froyo. I tried task killers, Juice Defender and turning off Wi-Fi, GPS etc., nothing helped. Even the hard reset did not help. So finally, I turned 3G data off and turned WIFI on and battery life is now 100times better. So try turning off 3G and use WIFI.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat