cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

case etc. for samsung epic

Journeyman

case etc. for samsung epic

I used to have a palm pre and loved the the little "pouch" that came with it.  I cannot find a case or pouch or anything to put my new Epic in...i found what i thought to be a similar case on amazon, received it today and it doesnt fit...no where near fitting...GRRR!  Does anyone know if sprint is going to come out with a carrying case for the epic or do y'all have any suggestions on a good cover/case for it?

thanks!!

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: case etc. for samsung epic

Sprint Stores have a very nice leather pouch for the Epic that can clip to your belt.  I almost bought one today, but went with the kydex clip instead.  The leather case is very classy with nice Samsung branding and tasteful chrome accents.

http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/OSBrowseAccessoriesDetail?categoryRefName=Carry+%26+Protect&PHONE_ID=SPHD700BKS&selectedAccessoryID=CFS9658Q&topPageNumber=0&subPageNumber=0

Or visit your local Sprint store!

Thanks for the post

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I also went from the Pre to the Epic and had the same problem. I tried the one they had at the Sprint store, but it is really made for the Galaxy S phones, not the Epic specifically. This meant it was a little too tight because they didn't account for the extra thickness of the keyboard.

I found a perfectly fitting leather clip on pouch at Best Buy. It's a Rocketfish universal smartphone pouch. I don't have the SKU and I don't see it on the website, but they've had it at every store I've been to. It's only $20 or $15 on sale, and it's a great fit. Hopefully you have a store nearby to check it out for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman

I purchased this one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130413662785

I will say it is very tight, but that is because I have the shell that they sell for the phone on both the top and bottom sections of the phone.  If it wasn't for the shell it fits very nice.

Journeyman

I bought this case and took it back a couple days later.  The case is too snug.  I had to shove the phone into the case with both hands and and the flap wouldn't shut all the way.  The employee told me that the case is leather and it would stretch, but I didn't think that I should have to pay for a case that didn't fit right so I returned it.

Highlighted
Patron

I have the same problem.  I also have a protective cover on my phone which adds to the bulk.  I tried all the cases at Best Buy but I didn't find one that would work.  If your not using a cover then, they have a couple of choices.  I would advise you to go to a store and make sure it will work with your phone and buy it there or on-line later.

Journeyman

I bought an Innocase and holster from Seidio for my Hero, and it was the best case I've ever had. They are more expensive than what you can find on ebay, but I think it's worth the extra cost to get a case that was designed specifically for your phone.

I had some hesitation about buying an Innocase for the epic. I wasn't sure what it would do to the sliding screen, but there are a number of positive reviews for it on Amazon. So, I ordered an Innocase and holster for my Epic from Amazon, and it's supposed to get here today. I'll report back if I have any problems with it.

Here's Seidio's website:

http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/4452.htm

Amazon sells a lot of their items for less:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=seidio+epic&x=0&y=0

Message was edited by: Grexx006

Journeyman

So far I've been using a small Crown Royal bag (200ml ?) until I find something I like better...

Journeyman

Personally, I found the slip-in case for my Blackberry to be my favorite case I've ever had for a phone.  The phone slipped in easily, the case provided good protection (both from scratches while it's in your pocket and from falls - at least from most angles), and the little magnet they install to automatically turn the phone off when it's in the case is really clever.

Of course, I'm sure some people prefer a belt clip case, but I can't use one in my job, so after trying several this was by far my favorite.  I hope that someone catches on and makes this style case for other phones.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat