cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chat with sammy about 2.3.4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Ruby'. There will be a brief survey at the  end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5640173041X

Ruby: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor: hello

Visitor: i am inquiring about the 2.3.4 update to the epic 4g

Ruby: I understand that you are looking for a Gingerbread update for the phone, am I correct?

Visitor: yes

Ruby: Thank you for confirming.

Ruby: We are  unable to speculate when/if this software revision might be available  due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and  confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on our  website in the Samsung Download Center or you will be informed by your  service provider. Please feel free to check with us periodically for  updates.

Ruby: Whenever the update is available, you will be notified.

Visitor: is it actually going to be released or has it been canned

Ruby: I am sorry, as of now we do not have an official information. Whenever the update is available, you will be notified.

Visitor: no you are misunderstanding my question. if it is shelved and the epic will not be updated i would like to know

Ruby: I  understand your concern. I would have surely helped, if I had any  information regarding it. We do not have an official information about  the update.

Visitor: i do not want a date just if it will be released or not

Ruby: The update might be released.

Visitor: so there is no way to know if it will ever happen?

Ruby: I am  sorry, we do not have any official information from our end. In this  regard, I recommend you contact our voice support team for further  assistance. They will help you from their end.

Ruby: You can  contact our dedicated Galaxy S phones voice support team at  1-877-EZ2GALAXY (1-877-392-4252).They are available 24/7. You will need  to registered to avail 24x 7 service.

Visitor: seriously?

Ruby: I am sorry, I would have surely helped, if I had any information regarding the update.

Visitor: all i asked is if it was still being released

Visitor: not for an exact date or time

Visitor: can you even confirm that it will be released sometime at a later date than today (10/03/2011)

Ruby: I  understand your concern. As of now, we do not have any official  information from Samsung whether it will be available or not. If the  update is available, you will be notified.

Visitor: can i get a real response and not the cut and paste answer

Visitor: YES or NO has the update been canceled or will be released at a later time?

Ruby: I am sorry, as of now there is no update has been cancelled for your phone.

Visitor: it has been canceled?

Ruby: There is no update has been cancelled.

Visitor: so the update is still being released?

Ruby: Whenever the update is available, you will be notified.

Visitor: but is it going to be released?

Ruby: As of now, we do not have official information whether it is going to be released.

Visitor: ok i will remember this when purchasing my next phone as htc is looking better

Ruby: I apologize for inconvenience caused.

Visitor: later

Ruby: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

so they will not confirm or deny its been shelved

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

For whatever it's worth, there an EI22.rdf (Sept. 22, 2011) to found on one of sprint's domains.  So it appears they are still working on 2.3.4.  There haven't been any new leaks for about a month though.

The line "Ruby: There is no update has been cancelled." almost sounds like code for hang on it's coming I just can't tell you.   Most likely it is just be bad english, but let's hope for the best.

I think this is a case of someone following official policy which is hard to find too much fault with because everyone needs food and shelter.

Highlighted
Wizard

I can understand people following an official policy of not giving a  release date or something, but they're declining to even admit we will  get Gingerbread, despite Samsung's mid-May press release that said (paraphrasing) North American Galaxy S phones would get Gingerbread.  Did Samsung in particular, maybe Sprint too, forget about this?  IMO, Samsung has already made an official statement/promise that we would see Gingerbread on our Epics, and now they need to deliver on that promise.  *sigh*  Just like with Froyo, the communication on the Gingerbread update is severely lacking, and that annoys me more than not having an update.  I don't want a buggy update; I don't think anyone does.  But if it's taking this long to get us an update (10 months since Gingerbread release, 7 months since our Froyo update, 5 months since the press release about Gingebread on Galaxy S phones), how about you at least keep us informed about what's going on and why?  I don't think it's too much to ask for you to talk to your customers, Sprint/Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't get me wrong.  I agree with you.  The total lack of communication except through "leaks" is ridiculous.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat