cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dk28 to OTA update

Highlighted
Journeyman

dk28 to OTA update

if we mistakenly updated with the leaked update will the OTA come to us also?

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: dk28 to OTA update

From what I understand, if you update to DK28, you will have to go back to the stock build first and then get the OTA update.

Journeyman

At the rate Sprint is moving, by the time they release the OTA, I'll be updating from Froyo to Gingerbread.  There's already Galaxy S phones loading the just released Gingerbread on them, and the problems are already being worked out.  Best yet, No Sprint bloatware crap.

Journeyman

No you won't, all the devs are busy with Froyo.

Journeyman

Sprint and Samsung's developers are busy with froyo.  The rest of the world is starting to move forward.  I have a co-worker who's Droid is already running Gingerbread, and like I said, people are already porting Gingerbread over from the Nexus S to the Galaxy S Phones, more specifically the Epic 4G.  The earliest attempts still lacked network connectivity, but like I said, they are already working those problems out.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone recieved an official Froyo update yet for their Epic 4G, because my froyo has been running flawlessly for since the 26th of December on DK28 build.

Journeyman

Nope.  I haven't.  W/ all the other Galaxy S phones out there running Froyo, I'm actually considering on leaving Sprint.  I'm tired of them always being the 'last' to the party.

Journeyman

Last to the party?  No.  The EVO has been running Froyo for longer than any other phone... This is a Galaxy S issue.

Wizard

You won't be able to apply the official upgrade which goes from DI18 to Android 2.2.  But, they are working on a way to upgrade for those devices that are releases prior to DI18 and it may allow you to upgrade if you're on DK28.  I'll check with the product manager and respond back to this post.    

Journeyman

okay thank you very much if worse comes to worse i'm pretty sure some one will upload the .zip to XDA or something and i can probably update it the same way i did to DK28

Wizard

You will have to be on an official Sprint release to receive the upgrade.

While rooting your device is not recommended by Sprint, you don't have much of a choice at this point.  If you want to receive upgrades from Sprint going forward, reflash your device back to DI18.  The other option is of course to root your phone to the new release when it's available.

Journeyman

Yes!  Let's hear about a DK28 to EC05 path!

Journeyman

Oh...  dshoem01 I guess that's your answer...  So, please, can you point us to an official way to reflash back to DI18? 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat