cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epic 4g - how to post videos on facebook?

Highlighted
Journeyman

epic 4g - how to post videos on facebook?

does anyone know how to share your videos on facebook from samsung epic4g??? you can share your pictures with facebook (and others) but not videos. is that it or is there a different way? please advise.

thanks you!

~izabela

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

From the user manual, it does not seem like you can upload your videos directly on to Facebook (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). You can however, upload it to Youtube, etc. Hope this helps.

Note: I am a Sprint Employee & a Samsung Epic 4G Product Ambassador; but mostly I'm a customer just like you

Message was edited by: navrau2008

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Nav is correct - the Facebook built app does not allow for direct video upload.  It's a limitation of the app that Facebook wrote for the phone. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sign into Facebook on your computer.

Go to www.facebook.com/mobile

Get your PERSONAL Facebook video upload email address.

You can email videos to that addres, and they'll show in Facebook.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you have a QIK account go on your web browser and sign on or get a new free account. Once there link your QIK account to your facebook account under networks. Click to allow your videos on facebook. Once you do that go back to your epic and open the preinstalled QIK app, sign in and you are ready to go. Record your video, name it and with one click you choose who to share it with. Works great. I have posted several videos on facebook. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Ok -

Gmail and Email say that a 30 second 1280x720 video is too large (duh)

720x480 too large - 16 MB

320x240 works - 3.4 MB

Now, I like my high resolution video.  So I've set up YouTube to link to the phone, and Youtube to link to Facebook.  I can use the native YouTube uploader in the Epic to upload videos. *unfortunately, uploads to YouTube seem to be reprocessed down to 320x240 as well.

So, the solution is:

Capture HD video

Copy via USB cable to Desktop PC

Upload from Desktop to YouTube or FB.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat