cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is anyone else having trouble connecting the Epic to your PC?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: is anyone else having trouble connecting the Epic to your PC?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having trouble also. Turned on Debugging, downloaded drivers from Samsung and finally using a front USB port is what worked.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Make sure to use the USB plugs in the back of the computer if you can.  The ones on the monitor and for the most part the ones in the front of the computer don't supply much power to the device connected.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have had trouble connecting mine to my computer. I was able to do it once when I first got the phone with no problem. However thanks to the many bad software updates that would delete everything on my sd card as well as factory ring tones and other assorted functions, I've had to start over. Everything is working fine now except for connecting. I was on the phone with a tech for an hour lastnight with no luck. It seems that the phone is suppost to ask you if you want to mount the phone or not. This option does not come up when I connect mine via usb cable. It gives the 3 options of #1. Charging #2. Mass Storage and #3. Tethering Mode. When I select mass storage the green guy comes up and says to click the button that says Connect USB Storage. When I do the guy turns orange and that's where it stops. I've downloaded the driver from the Samsung website, and that seems to work fine, says my device is ready to use, but still nothing shows on my computer. I will be going into Sprint today as soon as I have access to a car. But in the meantime, has anyone else had the problem of the phone NOT giving the option to mount? Thanks to anyone who can help. Oh and yes I've reset the phone twice, restarted it many times and still nothing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

See if you have your USB Debugging checked or unchecked? Sometimes that makes a difference.

Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually another trip to the Sprint Store helped. I just posted a thread on the solution to this problem but I'll post it here also. If you tap your Phone icon, as if to dial a number, type in ##8778# and under the USB section, make sure its on PDA not Modem. This fixed it immediately.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, and my computer told me I didn't have software installed. I did what you said but mine was already on PDA. I am getting real sick of this phone. It's one thing after another!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think it has anything to do with the phone. It is possible that it's your cable. I would suggest a 2.0 USB cable. Do not use it's own charging cable. Depending on the Windows version the cable doesn't work all the time. Also, check your Windows if it's 32 bit or 64 bit and get the appropriate drivers for it. Install the drivers first and then plug in the device.

Also, you can try another USB port. Make sure they are all 2.0 ports. Anything other than that will not work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue.. tried the ##8778#, no luck...

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

##8778# will likely only be the fix if you had had your software updated in a Sprint service center, and the tech had changed the settings in the UPST menu.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The update was done automatic... not in store..Could there be an issue with the phone?? I can access or the computer will recognize my thumb drive.. not the phone though... I also see people talk about cables....could that be the problem?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

The Cable could be the problem. when you see "USB device not recognized" message that is an indication that Windows has recognized a new device on the serial bus and was unable to complete the query of that device successfully, if things are working normally the connected device sends information, in a standardized format to let the computer know the types of device, who made it, and which drivers may be called for. if there is a dicey cable involved it may not transmit the entire response from the phone to the pc. a cable which is faulty can still charge fine because the 2 outer contacts are for power, and the 2 inner contacts are for data send/receive

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat