cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

led notification...blinks 4-5 times...then stops. ???

Highlighted
Journeyman

led notification...blinks 4-5 times...then stops. ???

when i get a txt/email/missed call...the led only blinks 4-5 times then stops.

so now i have to hit the power button just to check if i have missed anything.

anyone else having this issue with their epic??

other than that...i have no complaints about the phone.

OT: battery with light/moderate use...i hit 34hrs on one charge yesterday.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: led notification...blinks 4-5 times...then stops. ???

Yep I have the same thing on my phone.. I even tried to download a couple apps that supposedly lets you change the led color and also keeps blinking until you check it but they didn't work. I'm disappointed in the whole led notification light on the phone too

Journeyman

I am experiencing the same issue.  Very annoying.

Journeyman

I have two phones in the house that do the same thing. I contacted Samsung support on Twitter and they seem to think this is the correct behavior. I think it's a bug. I think other Android phones will constantly blink, which is expected behavior.

To confirm my suspicion even more, I've seen the phone sometimes blink after the first 5. I tried to time it but there was no pattern. It's almost as if the process to make the light blink was fighting with another process or being blocked.

At the very least it would be nice for Samsung to admit this is not working as intended. If it is working as intended then they might as well not use the light since it is useless the way it works now.

Journeyman

I just discovered this on my new Epic and I am so disappointed. I want to be able to look at my phone LED light at any time and see if there are any missed calls or texts waiting.

Journeyman

Welcome to the wonderful world of owning the huge pile of buggy crap known as the Samsung Epic 4G.  Too bad Sprint has essentially quit promoting this phone and Samsung can't figure out how to update the damn thing.  Worst purchase ever.

Journeyman

Go grab the Missed Reminders app.  Works great and totally customizable.  Have it blink every minute until you clear it, have the screen turn on for a second or 5 seconds, customize a vibration script so that you'll never miss a missed call / text / emails.  Android should by default come with something like this already, but I guess that's why there is the app store.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat