cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving "star" messages in the notification bar

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just started to receive a "star" in the notification bar, when I drop down the notification bar to check it, they are random messages from  "you won..." to "meet singles in your area".  Is anyone else having this problem?  if so, how can I stop it.  My son's phone "samsung moment, is doing the same thing.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

When you tap on these messages does it look like you are in the Text messaging app? if you press menu which options are there?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

My evo 4 g also does this but its not constant.

Maybe make list of add on apps to see what's been downloaded in common.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: receiving "star" messages in the notification bar

it may be "AIRPUSH" THAT  some apps carry you can get an app in the market that will remove them

Journeyman

It opens the browser and tries to load a page.  I did remove an app my son downloaded today.  He aslo downloaded this on his phone and was receiveing those messages.  So hopefully that will take care if it.    thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i did remove an app my son downloaded today, which is when i started getting these messages, so hopefully that was the problem. Thanx!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had that show up when I downloaded an app for watching TV shows. It stopped when I uninstalled the app.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat