cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

Journeyman

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

Any idea is Sprint is going to update the Epic 4g to 2.3?

48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Wizard

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

Nothing official on that.  I believe I saw an announcement by a rep on here earlier that a release was to come soon for the EVO.  It should not be much longer for Epic....we all hope.  lol

Journeyman

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

Journeyman

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

Thanks for the links and as I was reading the gizmocrunch they said May maybe June. Well, I will believe it when I see it. We probably won't get it til sometime late summer early fall if at all.

Journeyman

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

Keep in mind I say this as a total "legal noob" but couldn't Apple file an injunction against Samsung to prevent them from pushing an update for Gingerbread with Touch Wiz? I really hope it does come soon though as I am tired of the flavor of Froyo that Sprint and Samsung have stuck us with.

Wizard

Re: samsung epic 4g 2.3?

I'm not tired of Froyo since I am new to it.  Everything is just awesome. 😄

Apple should just shut up.  They don't need to be doing anything.  The only thing they got going for them is iPhone this and iPhone that.  I'm sick of it.  iPhone are so outdated...old...always the same name.  Can't believe people would still go for it.  *sighs*

Journeyman

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

Why would Apple sue Samsung for "Touch Wiz" -- can you explain a bit? A bit of an Android newbie here ....

Wizard

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

it would be nice if we hear from official sprint channel, but don't hold your breath.  sprint doesn't announce unless it's the day before or day of official OTA release.  the latest test version was leaked an people who tried it said it was pretty close to being awesome.

Journeyman

Re: samsung epic 4g 2.3?

I just heard a Rumor that EF02 is the latest build of Gingerbread for Epic. Rumors also state the possibility of a June 20th release. I'm not holding my breath though.

Edit/Update

EF02 Leaked...

http://www.samsunghub.com/2011/06/18/samsung-epic-4g-android-2-3-3-firmware-leaked/?utm_source=feedb...

Official ver EF$%? comming soon I hope!

Message was edited by: RSPC

Journeyman

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

@thesymposium... so Apple is in a legal battle with Samsumg as they believe they infringed upon their intellectual property rights by making a user interface (Touch Wiz) that is similar in orientation to that of the iOS. Also I believe there is a beef with the form/shape of the devices but the main body of the lawsuit descibes the user interface. If you get a chance set an iPhone next to a Galaxy device with TouchWiz launcher enabled and see the comparison. It is weak on Apple's part but honestly they don't have much going for them so they must hold on to what they "think" they have...

I seriously see this delaying an OS upgrade for us and it pisses me off, but there isn't anything we can do. We will get the update as Sprint is standing behind Google's commitment to keep devices updated within 18 months of their release or until the hardware cannot support it. The Epic and EVO came out before this agreement but being that they are flagship phones I believe they have been grandfathered into the agreement. Heres to hoping for an OTA update within the next month!

Journeyman

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

Software patents should never have been granted in the first place. Copyrights, sure. But patents? It's just too much. It stifles competition and technological progress. Quite idiotic, IMHO.

Sprint has, AFAIK (and I used to be a Sprint customer but came back to them a few months ago from Boost when I realized my crackberry addiction was waning and I really wanted an Android-based phone) Sprint has been releasing OS upgrades within 6 months of Google releasing the upgrade (maybe even 3 months?). Unless I'm missing something -- maybe it's just for their more popular phones?

Journeyman

samsung epic 4g 2.3?

It is because Apple chose to only grant AT&T the exclusive iPhone that we have the android phones now....the iPhone would have been the only phone around if all carriers could have sold it...now Android phones are leaving the iPhone in the dust...the Samsung Epic is a terrific phone..bring on Gingerbread 2.3...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat