cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text message notification

Journeyman

text message notification

when i am on a call and i get a text message, my phone rings and vibrates! it's SO annoying and disruptive... and the person on the other line can hear it!

i had NO idea this was even possible... and i can't see a way to turn it off.

is anyone else having this trouble? or am i missing a setting somewhere?

help thanks? !

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: text message notification

Download and use ChompSMS as your messaging app, It has an option to disable notifications during a call. Turn off the notifications in the stock app so you wont get double notifications when you receive a text.

Journeyman

On your messaging thread where it shows all your messages you can hit the button at the bottom that opens up your settings option.  You can set the ringer to silent and turn off vibrate.

Journeyman

it's SO strange that i have to download an application for something that seems like it should be the only option! but i DO like that with Chomp i can set a different text message notification for all of my friends instead of having a general one for everyone.

thanks for your help. i'm hoping it works out!

Highlighted
Master

I agree it is odd, And should be an option on all phones, But my Instinct and Pre were the same way, No way to turn off the notifications during a call, Had to either hack or download a different app that had the option.

Journeyman

You can also turn off vibrate for email notifications by going into the Email app, clicking in to each account, using the Android menu button and selecting Account Settings. In Account Settings, there is a checkbox for vibrate when email arrives that is marked on by default. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat