Wizard

11/15 - Samsung Galaxy Mega Software Update - MK1

Samsung Galaxy Mega Software Update - MK1

Enhancements/Fixes

- LTE UI enhancements

- Enables LTE Bands 26/41

Important Notes

- Software version is MK1

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy Mega Software Update article in Support for install instructions

22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Re: 11/15 - Samsung Galaxy Mega Software Update - MK1

My phone is randomly restarting.  Its happened before and after this update though.  Anyone else had this issue?

Journeyman

Mine updated and now I can't make or receive calls

Journeyman

Same thing is happening to me

Journeyman

I'm not receiving calls & the signal has been ready bad

Master

gonzales333,

Thanks for the info. I can have a look at your area to see if the network is the culprit. Please provide your zip and cross streets. I would also advise taking the device to a service location to have it looked at.

Sean L
Social Care

Journeyman

For some reason when I try to change my wifi calling settings it says my phone is not compatible.  And this newest mega is doing what my last one did. It saysi can't update because my device has been modified. I'm running stock and when this one updated to mk1 the status in about phone went from official to custom. Will you please report these problems.

Master

od1nsnymn,

Thank you for posting and for providing that feedback in regards to this matter. Have you visited a Sprint service and repair center to get your device looked at? Please let us know, we are here to help.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

In my experiences with this phone so far I have to say it is likely a case of bad software writing. It should be reproduced easily, and reported to Samsung.

Journeyman

Do you see this happening on your test phone?

Wizard

My previous Mega also rebooted every once in a while. I did a complete reboot/factory reset reinstall and it still happened. As luck would have it, Friday it fell and cracked the screen so I am getting another one tomorrow. So hopefully the replacement Mega does not have the same reboot once in a while issue.

TS

Journeyman

Twospirits, please let me know if you see the status go from official to custom when your new mega updates it's software in the about settings.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat