cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mega doesn't get LTE

Journeyman

My mega doesn't get LTE

Ever since the day I got it, my phone has displayed a no SIM card icon even though SIM card is properly installed and It has also never gotten LTE except 1 time for a couple of minutes, Local sprint store says no SIM is common and doesn't interfere with anything but I really want this fixed, is there an easy solution?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: My mega doesn't get LTE

JamieVezina, I would suggest performing a network reset on your phone. Dial ##72786# your phone will restart and perform several updates. Please let me know if that helps. –AJ Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This fix worked for about 30 minutes then went right back to No SIM detected, called my local store again and they said there is no fix for this but that it doesn't interfere so its not a problem, getting really tired of never having 4g kind of pointless to buy a nice phone if the service is the same as my old one from 3 years ago.

Master

JamieVezina,

Thanks for the update! I would like to look into this further for you. If you can, please provide the zip code and closest intersecting cross streets of where you have these issues. With that information I can pinpoint the main towers you work off of and see if there is anything impacting your service. I can also check the status of 4GLTE in your area. Please let me know, I look forward to your response.

Lucia
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

34420 zip code, SR 441 and CR 25 is close cross street, but the icon is there no matter where I am at whether its belleview, Ocala, Daytona beach, Orlando, or Jacksonville, honestly I'm so tired of it I'd like for them to just swap the phone and see if a new one works because none of my friends with the Mega have this problem, but they said if I swap it I would be without a phone for about a week.

Master

JamieVezina

Based on the zip code and the nearest cross streets there is network service update in the area. Can you tell me if the phone is up to date with the latest software? Have you done a hard reset to the phone? Let me know.

Thanks,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the network update on July 2 and the phone had LTE coverage for about 30 minutes, then went back to no SIM detected and since will not get LTE again even after hard resets.

Master

JamieVezina
There is definitely something wrong either with the phone or the sim card. The phone should not be getting the no sim detected and it is not normal for the phone to have that error. Have you tried to have the sim card replaced? The repair store usually provide the sim for free.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat