Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Software Update - NAB
- OS upgrade to Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)
- Prevention Pop-up removal
- Software version is N900PVPUCNAB
- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Software Update article in Support for install instruction
Now that the update is available, can it be applied before waiting for the network to tell me there is a system update available? The error messages that keep popping up are very disturbing.
I HIGHLY recommend holding off on upgrading to KitKat. It has broken a large number of apps and overall performance on the phone not to mention, completely screwed up the access to SD card.
I wish I would have come across this before I upgraded to kitkat...phone is very laggy, cannot access my pictures on the sd card, nor can I send text messages. I have reset my phone and took off all apps that I have downloaded and still am having issues.
I was able to do the update through Kies several days ago... but i'm now having all sorts of problems.. (No SD Card problems though, think that was an international issue a month or two ago)
1. after a reboot, the screen will not shut off, (until i kill the S Health application, even if the app starts back up, things are ok after the first kill)
2. MAJOR Wifi stability problems.
3. dropping calls like its going out of style. ( can't get through more than 30 sec of a conversation if i'm moving in a vehicle, tower handoff is majorly delayed, or programmatically having a very hard time figuring out which tower to switch to, while voip is in use.)
4. battery life has gone down by at least 25% (used to be able to make through the day and head home at 68%, now i'm lucky to be at 40%)
5. etc... etc.. (more that I can't remember at the moment.
Been having issues with Sprint too I think they got hacked!!!! hope all my stuff is secure. Also I can see or find a 2nd phone on my account! My work phone also is now out of service,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the recent update and I'm sorry for such difficulties. At this time based on the details you provided I would highly suggest allowing repair technicians at your local repair center take a look at your device for further troubleshooting. Please ensure you properly back up all information (contacts, photos, videos, memos, etc.) before visiting.
Sprint Social Care Team