Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$350!!! for the Note 3

Journeyman

$350!!! for the Note 3

Sprint I have been with you for over 13 years and have 5 lines now, I have to say this is It I'm up for contract renewal as of right now. The fact that your network has lagged behind I've tried to make due and give you time I can be understanding. I dont even have an official Sprint store within an 1h 30min drive of here, So when I need service I have to make a special trip so needless to say my patients with you is over. Blatantly over charging your customer for this device knowing it will be one of the biggest devices to come out this year. Being the last company to announce the date and price had it been an Iphone it would of been up day 1. I am always willing to pay more if I get Better service, Better selection, Better convenience but at this point I get non of these and you want to gauge. I really hope you learn before there is nothing left of your company, treat people right, be competitive with you competition, be innovative stop following the pack maybe you will surprise me in the next 2 weeks and will correct your wrongs if not the next time I talk to you will be the last time as I cancel my 5 lines and move on.

Sincerely

Once a Loyal Customer 

Tags (4)
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: $350!!! for the Note 3

I've been with them even longer and Sprint has no need for us LOYAL customers, they want to have the revolving door of people that leave after their 2 year contracts end.  They are losing me and almost 900 people I manage accounts for in the company I work for.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I most likely won't be renewing my contracts and going to tmobile. This 349 for the note 3 is just ridiculous... There is no reason they should be charging 49 more than other carriers when there network is worse. Sprint I really hope this impacts you, I had just put my iPhone 5 up for sale so I can buy this thing, thinking it came with the galaxy gear for 350 total. Well... Ill be holding onto iPhone 5 until I can cancel the other lines on my account.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Blatantly over charging..."

Actually, you don't know what they pay for the phone and why they charge more. They have far lower volume of sales of devices than their larger competitors. That may (or may not) be an issue in this case. Unless you work in procurement and contracts, you can't really make such statements with any certainty.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I assure you they are making more then $50 on my 2 year contract so to be competitive with other companies you eat that $50 on the phone to make it up on the back end 2 year contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was chatting with a rep to upgrade one of my lines.  I was about to pull the trigger until I saw the price.  They are entitled to charge whatever they want but, i am entitled not to pay it and that is my choice.  Now because of this I will begin shopping around for other providers.  I was will to give them another two years to fix this horrible network (ie my phone shows full bars for 3G or 4G and I can't get any data to load, bad call quality on S3, etc.). Now they have until my contract runs out on my other line or they reduce the price.  I understand that they have the best prices and need to make up some extra money in other ways but, we are getting less quality for the less money so , we are already even!

Highlighted
Wizard

michaeld83,

Thanks for posting. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this matter is causing you. We definitely appreciate your feedback and have a few suggestions you may consider should you desire to upgrade you device. One options to consider is our buyback program. Utilizing this program will assist in offsetting some of  the cost associated with upgrading. To view the full details of this program, please visit www.sprint.com/buyback. As for an official store not being nearby, are there any authorized Sprint retailers in your area? These stores of course aren't corporate locations however, may locations offer S&R options and also sale new devices. We absolutely appreciate your 13 + year tenure and definitely do not want to lose your business.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

SprintCommunity5,

Thanks for posting. We definitely do not want to lose your business an absolutely value all our customers. We currently offering a port in credit for customer (existing and new) whom port in a number from another provider. This is a promotion all qualifying customer may partake in. Additionally, for customer whom are not eligible are encouraged to utilize the buy-back program. As many devices hold their value, and it’s highly possible that you may purchase this device for less than someone whom is porting in a number from another provider. For more details on the buyback program, please visit www.sprint.com/buyback.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

We would be better off selling our phones on craigslist and eBay.

Highlighted
Master

LOL you are right on that, my s4 is worth nothing on the buy back program ($135), are you kidding me, at least $350-$400 on Craigslist.

And Note 2, buy back program $99 (lol it's offensively low).

_DePaul, also we are talking for existing costumers and not new ones, and the existing costumers are not able to port a number to sprint, since they are with sprint, and even if they open a new line, they still can't use that $100, or can they ....???

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

As far as I know even if you start a new line you don't get the $100 off. It's only for new customers.

Highlighted
Wizard

DEVILxSTRIDER,

Thanks for posting. If you feel you will get more money from selling your device via one of those sites, that's an option you may also consider. Point being, you can use your old device to help offset the cost for purchasing a new one.

Good Luck,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat