cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.3 Android issues on Gal-3

Journeyman

4.3 Android issues on Gal-3

After the upgrade, I immediatly noticed that I was getting 4G Finally even though i live in a highly populated area that has had 4G since i got on Sprint in 2012. However, my phone battery now only last 6-8 hours instead of the normal 12-16 with doing the same things. Why and how can i fix this? Second issue is that my phone and my husbands along with some other on sprint are having issues with the speaker is seems. no matter who you call and talk normally to it sounds like someone has a candy wrapper to the speaker area. It is muffled and scratchy. HELP !!!! I only have 3 more months before an upgrade and if this is going to be more continued issues with sprint then i will most likely drop the service. Another customer who is not happy.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: 4.3 Android issues on Gal-3

emwjlewis,

I am glad to hear that you are seeing the LTE now. The battery issue is not good though. Have you tried turning off your Connections Optimizer to make sure that it is not keep looking for a signal to switch to, when it doesn't need to? Let me know if you need the steps, I am more than happy to provide them.

The speaker issue is no fun either. I have been there and no the pain. However, your best option would be to take the device into a store to have it physically diagnosed as there is a high possibility that it is the speaker itself.

Sincerely,
*Ben
Social Care

Journeyman

I did find the optimizer and i will give that a shot. As in regard to the speaker, prior to the upgrade i had no issue with my phone, now after i did it there is the static sound when i talk on the phone. SO i am not sure spending time and money to go in and have them tell me they have no idea or that it is my speaker is worth my time because there was no issues prior to the upgrade and its strange how a lot of people i know who have the G3 have said the same thing. Any other thoughts.?

Master

emwjlewis,

We can certainly try some other troubleshooting steps. Please power cycle the device, update the profile, and dial ##72786#. The last step will reprovision the phone but will not lose your information, contacts, or pictures. Let me know if this helps any. As a side question, do you happen to have a case on the phone?

Please let me know if turning off the Optimizer helps any.

Thank you,
*Ben
Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat