cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4.4 breaks email

Go to solution
Journeyman

4.4.4 breaks email

Has anyone found a fix to the email issue with 4.4.4?? The app hangs, shuts itself off, you can't get to settings, it won't sync, etc. Please help!!

Chris

26 REPLIES 26
Master

Re: 4.4.4 breaks email

Thanks for posting. There is no known fix as yet, as soon as one is available it would be made known to the public. Thank you for your patience. - Samora
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue here

Journeyman

I deleted all email accounts (except exchange activesync), added them back, amd all seems fine.

Master

VOLCHRIS1 Im glad your issue has been resolved. Is there anything else I can help you with?
- Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Master

ItsMeee - I would suggest that you delete all your e-mails and then add them all back and see if that fixes the issues. I apologize for inconvenience this may have caused you. - Brenda Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Although that is very hard to do when the app keeps crashing etc., I removed 1 of 3 accounts that happened to be a POP3 account and it started working again.

Then I had over 1000 emails that had already, as far as my phone was concerned, been deleted but were still on the server cause I have it set not to delete. I started deleting and it seemed to be working until it got down to the last 30 emails to delete and white screened and wont come back even thought you kill it or reboot.

Master

ItsMeee,
Great feedback on this issue. Have you considered a soft or hard reset on the device? So far it has helped a lot of users with the same problem.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having all the same problems. Not good when my emails are for my business. Battery drains bad, got the note because of the battery life. NOT HAPPY.

Master

JSCOTTON1987, Has the battery recently been replaced? & Have you tried deleted your emails then add them back again?
- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Clear data and cache in app info. You will have to redo account info afterwards.

Journeyman

Same issue. Have had Note 3 for 11 months and took it to the Sprint store yesterday after installing Android 4.4.4 update.

Tech at Sprint store hadn't heard 4.4.4 rolled out. Told me to delete my email so I did. It worked fine for 24 hours and it's hanging up again.

When will this bug be fixed?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat