ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4.4 update followed by power draining

Journeyman

4.4.4 update followed by power draining

After installing the update it seems like the power is draining much faster than previously.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: 4.4.4 update followed by power draining

I had the same issue. It corrupted the default email app and it was keeping the CPU awake thus draining the battery. I tried to reset and reboot with no fix. I finally had to backup my phone and do a factory reset. This fixed the problem and crashes that I had. Hope this helps. Samsung needs better QA.

Master

IRA0403SPRINT,

This is a known issue on select devices. Luckily, there is a software update on the way soon. In the meantime, I would suggest using battery conservation applications such as Battery Doctor.

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Master

OPTIMUSPRIM3

Thank you for sharing that helpful suggestion. Please let us know if you have any trouble in the future. We're here for you.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My Note 3 performed beautifully until 3 days ago when I updated.  Now massive battery drain and I cannot receive a call - I barely hear a ring and then it goes away.  The caller hears the phone ring multiple times before going to voicemail.  I eventually receive notification that I have a new voicemail.  If I manage to place an outgoing call the phone will not allow me to hang up - I have to enter airplane mode to turn off connectivity.  What a lousy ridiculous update.  RUINED MY PHONE!!!

Master

WSKSP231,

I certainly understand your frustrations with this. As my teammate Keith mentioned, this is a known issue that the manufacturer is determining a fix for. I would however suggest you taking your device into a service and repair store to see if anything is wrong with the device. You can find the nearest store to you at www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I thought I was the only one with this problem. My phone takes forever to charge up. Plugged it up at 15% went to sleep,woke this morning it was at 55% 8hrs to go up in power only 40 points! Please fix! I now have to keep phone on a charger before and after leaving home or work. Never charges past 60%

Master

ryu71 ,

Sorry you're experiencing this. I would suggest taking your device into a sprint repair store to have your device looked at. You can follow this link for repair stores near you. http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx

- Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just posting to confirm similar experience. Since installing the Android 4.4.4 KTU84P.N900PVPUDNH7 firmware release my battery life has been cut almost in half. Used to be able to get 10 hours easily; now I'm getting 6 hours on a charge if I'm lucky and intentionally parsimonious in my usage.

SprintCare reps, you've mentioned that Samsung is working on a fix for this release. Any timeline info for this?

Master

huntml

Thank you for reaching to us. Currently, there isn't a set date for the new software update. Once it's released, the update will become available on your phone.

Kendra
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat