cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALLING ALL SPRINT FANBOYS

Highlighted
Journeyman

CALLING ALL SPRINT FANBOYS

Anybody care to try and defend Sprint's handling of the Galaxy Note 3 launch, or Sprint in general? My thoughts:

- Sprint is selling the same exact device (Note 3), but charging $50 more than every other competitor. WHY?

- ZERO information from Sprint prior to launch of the Note 3 today. I was repeatedly sent to a website where I could sign up to receive further information. I never received anything prior to launch, which is today. WHY?

- A few years ago, Sprint began charging an extra $10 a month for "premium data". I assumed this meant 4G service. Despite living in one of the most densely populated areas in the country, we do not have 4G, nor will we have it anytime soon. Why has Sprint charged a premium for no change in service??

- Sprint's service (voice/data/whatever) is simply not on par with Verizon and AT&T, not even close (don't know enough about T-Mobile). That is the reason that Sprint must offer unlimited data and cheap monthly plans. I get very frustrated whenever Sprint does something anti-customer (like the ridiculous premium it is charging for the Note 3), and the commentary turns to "well, their plans are so cheap, its still worth it." I'm calling BS. First off, in the last few years, my plan has increased $10 for the bogus "premium data add-on" and $5 for the "spending limit surcharge." (BTW, I long since had my required deposit refunded by Sprint and my credit has increased since I have been a customer. Sure, 689 isn't a great credit score but I doubt its poor enough to require a program so I don't rack up charges - isn't that what late fees are for?). Add in the fact that Sprint's network is spotty, and data is painfully slow even when you do have service, the "unlimited data" doesn't count for much. Especially when considering the shared group plans that Verizon offers, Sprint's "cheap" monthly plans are way, WAY overrated.

So please, anyone who disputes the above points, post a reply. I have stood by Sprint for many years and defended them against the many, many detractors who basically laugh at this company. I appreciated some of the exclusive phones, the focus on "truly" unlimited data at an impressively low monthly rate. Unfortunately, Sprint now only seems to care about luring customers from other carriers with a $100 bribe, so they can catch them in the net of a two-year contact with an inferior provider. Sorry, Dan... I'm out.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with you, can't disagree there at all. The fact that new customers get to receive a $100 discount on new phones or in some cases such as the Iphone 5c the phone is FREE for new customers is amazing to me. I have been with Sprint for years--I am a valued Sprint Customer, but Sprint does not take the time to give back to their loyal customers. Why should I stay on a plan that yes might be $10-$15 cheaper monthly, but have so-so coverage, no incentive to stay on your plan? Why do existing customers have to pay $350 for a new phone while new customers are paying $250 or on other carriers there charging $300 for the same exact phone? Why the $50 increase? Oh that's right, I am subsidizing for all of those Apple phones you guys purchased, now I see where my extra $50 a month is going. I have been on this plan long enough and I do not see an incentive to stay. I will pay the extra $10 bucks monthly on a different carrier's plan and see how that works because we all need a little change.......

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is giving a $50 Rebate when you get the note 3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just pitiful, The one up program is a scam. In reality its one more way sprint locks you into staying with a second rate network.

I live in Denver and have no LTE and Ive had lte phones for years now.

The one up program grants you a new phone every year, yes. The issue then is at the end of 1 year due to the full pricing of like 700 bucks you still owe them 350 bucks cash at the end of the year, so if you ever decide to terminate early you owe them the 350 plus the early termination fee. roughly 600 bucks all together. still want to cancel your plan? always stuck paying them, its an never ending loop of being stuck with no LTE.

I find reason after reason to leave only reason im still here is the contract. Then when I was like 3 months to being out they said owe your company gets a discount which I enrolled for that extended my contract another 2 years. In which I still wasn't able to get a new phone through them as I was only 18 months with my old phone. So Ive been waiting patiently for the note 3 and then the come up charging higher prices then all the other providers here in the us.

on launch day today I said well ill just go buy it anyway went to 2 stores and both don't have the note 3 in stock, saying oh fedex hasn't got here yet, so I went to radio shack same story, Then finding out wirefly has it for 299 if I want to wait. till Tuesday to get it. Searched more there are sprint owned stores that have it in stock. 25 miles away. so now im just frustrated. When iphone 5 came out they opened their doors at 8:00am and actually had them at all locations.

called the sprint owned store he knows nothing about 50 buck rebate, called smaller branch store who knows about it but doesn't have the phone yet.

what the hell.

Just pitiful

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are seriously ignorant. I can't stand people like you, It's been proven that compared to every other company's new program, sprint is the cheapest. BY FAR

Highlighted
Patron

I love posts like these. Why do you waste your time trolling a forum asking a question you already know the answer to? If you don't like a carrier, just as everyone else may have their qualms... You have a choice. So leave the carrier if you don't like them in this instance Sprint. That will clear up any possible signal space for people that enjoy the network and aren't getting "scammed" as you say.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Newsflash: Every carrier in the United States sucks on some level. Choose your poison. You're either going to have a great network with astronomical monthly fees (Verizon). Or you're going to have a large network with service just about everywhere and a customer service team that doesn't care anything about how you're treated, they just want to keep you locked in your contract so they can keep getting your money every month (AT&T, T-Mobile). Oh, you want to leave, pay this large cancellation fee for terming your contract. OR, you'll have a decent monthly service plan with unlimited everything but your service will be incredibly slow for a myriad of reasons. I think if anyone's a fanboy of any carrier in the US they haven't done their homework. Google customer reviews for every single big 4 carrier in this country and all you're going to read is pages and pages of angry people complaining about contracts, services they're not receiving, or horrible phone interactions with CSR's over the phone. This is what's available people. And even if you go to a smaller prepaid carrier, whose networks do you think you're going to be using? Yup.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat