Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues with sprint and wifi network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Connectivity issues with sprint and wifi network

I was thinkin about getting the note 3 and i just have some questions. Ive seen people have had trouble staying connected to wifi or 4g or 3g. I was wondering if that was just in rare cases or was there an update that fixed it? Before i drop $350 on a phone I just wanna make sure it seems like sprint and samsung have worked out most of the bugs.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Connectivity issues with sprint and wifi network

Unfortunately bb, sprint and Samsung choose to offer 2 options for those of us plagued with wi fi issues. 1- return the phone and buy a different brand (sprint). 2- send your brand new phone to Texas for repair and ask sprint for a loaner (samsung). Both sprint and Samsung deny the "your Internet connection is unstable" error in the notification panel as a known issue. Good luck and if you're determined on a note 3,try Verizon or t mobile. At least their network can function without wi fi and won't rely on Samsung 's flakey antennas.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my note 3 since Nov 12th and am pleased to say that I received the unstable wifi notification only once. I did clear the cache and master reset 3 times since then but NOT for any particular reason, I just wanted to.

But ever since that first wifi notification i have had a strong connection. Have you tried a new modem? I have the newest modem that time Warner had and no problems there. And since my third reset I never received that Knox notification either.

My signal has always been 1 to 3 bars (the closest tower is 15 miles away) because before this phone I had boost mobile and never got past 4 bars with that phone either. Just wish sprint would put a tower in converse, Texas ( just outside San Antonio, Texas)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having this issue for about a week on my galaxy 4,and an iPhone 4 I have on my account. All other devices in my home connect to the wifi seamlessly, but my phones get this connection is unstable message constantly. It is very frustrating seeing as no one is able to assist me. I've been a loyal customer to sprint for about 3 years and this is by far the worst assistance I've ever received when it's come to an issue.

Highlighted
Master

tinarose_,

I'm sorry for such a poor experience and this is never how we want you to feel.  We are here for you and ready to assist as best as possible.  It can be difficult to troubleshoot issues with a Wi-Fi connection since this is not our network and we don't have the tools to troubleshoot.  Let's see if we get a better understanding of the situation.  Are you having difficulties connecting to one specific Wi-Fi device or does it happen to multiple Wi-Fi connections?  Does this error happen every time or periodically?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Highlighted
Wizard

I've been having the same problem for about 4 months, the entire time I've had the Note 3, and it still exists even after updating to KitKat.  Considering that this problem has been reported and known about by Sprint/Samsung for months, I'm very disappointed that it wasn't fixed in the recent KitKat update.  I've been with Sprint for about 6 years now.  Long-term loyalty is, unfortunately, not very well rewarded (if at all, and most of the times, I think it's not).

SprintCare, I'm guessing tinarose_'s problem is the same as that which I and others have reported repeatedly in the past.  When using WiFi, regardless of the network being connected to, the Note 3 (and only the Note 3, no other phone, computer, device, etc.) will occasionally drop the WiFi connection and reconnect, often with an "unstable connection" notification.  It does not appear to be predictable, regularly occurring, or repeatable (in the sense that we can't force it to happen on-demand).  I've had my Note 3 call my WiFi connection unstable when I was literally standing next to the router -- how ridiculous is that?  Look around these web forums, here and elsewhere.  This issue should be pretty well documented already.  I think that is an issue that you already know about (and have for months), have said you reported to Samsung, and have told us that a fix for it is supposed to be in progress.  Why said fix was not done for and implemented in the KitKat update, I don't know, but I hope it's done soon.  This is a long-standing, unresolved issue and it really needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Highlighted
Master

Dronak,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen what you are saying in action.  A friend's wif set up had three different devices working off it and all had good stable connections and from time to time the Note 3 would drop off.  Oddly enough when calling their local cable provider about another issue they spoke to the tech that told them that Samsung devices had stable connectivity problems with their older set ups and it seemed to be compounded if an airave signal booster was also hooked up.

Do you have an airave hooked up?  Do you have an older modem/router set up for your wifi?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for the info, but my previous phone was a Samsung Epic 4G (original Galaxy S, not the 2nd gen. Touch) and it did not have these WiFi connectivity problems.  Because of that, I kind of doubt "Samsung devices just have problems" is the full answer.  I do not have an Airave device, and my modem/router is just under 1 year old.  That seems to keep it out of the "older setup" category to me.  Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Master

Dronak,

I can continue to troubleshoot with you to build a case once presented in the process of finding a commonality and resolution. Does it make a difference if you try to access through the notification drop down or through settings?

*Jessica
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Wizard

I'm not sure what the method of accessing WiFi settings has to do with this.  The problem is that the WiFi occasionally disconnects and reconnects on its own.  I don't have to touch the phone for it to happen.  It can happen when I'm using the phone or when I'm not using the phone.  It can happen in various rooms of my house or when I'm standing right next to the router.  No other phone, computer, device, etc. has this problem.  They all maintain a strong, solid connection to the WiFi.  Something's up with the Note 3, and only it.  And I am not rooted or running a custom ROM or anything like that.  I do have the 4.4.2 KitKat update, but this problem existed while I was on Jelly Bean, too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dronak

Thank you for providing that detailed information. We apologize for the issues that you are experiencing. Have you had the device tested by a Sprint technician to make sure that there were no issues with the antennae?

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

Dronak

Thank you for providing that detailed information. We apologize for the issues that you are experiencing. Have you had the device tested by a Sprint technician to make sure that there were no issues with the antennae?

Omar

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat