cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 Battery Life.. 8-9 hours screen time? Seriously???

Journeyman

Galaxy Note 3 Battery Life.. 8-9 hours screen time? Seriously???

I've been reading around different forums and reading that other Note 3 users (on KitKat 4.4.2) are getting 8-9 hours screen time on a day & a half charge.

has anyone gotten battery life like this? I have the Sprint version Snapdragon processor not the Exynos (unlocked) version.

I've never been able to get more than about 5 hrs (at the max) on screen time, no 3g, GPS on power saver, no social networking apps logged on (i log into them as needed), brightness as low as i can take it (probably about 30% brightness), running nova launcher (as well as a theme from the play store)... i also have a few apps that i downloaded from Aptoide on my device as well. Will apps downloaded from aptoide effect my phone battery in any way?

I also have a few icon changers installed on my device. I also greenify all the apps i think are running in the background (such as facebook, falcon pro, etc)... not sure what else i could do at this point. I've even heard of some people, at min, getting 6- 6.5 hours screen on time with 1 battery charge. I've never had battery life like that.

Can anyone else me with this???

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Master

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Battery Life.. 8-9 hours screen time? Seriously???

cpstaley1029 - Thanks for the info. This does sound pretty frustrating. I would advise taking your device to a service location to have the battery looked at. I would also like to have a look at the service in your area. Please provide your zip and cross streets so I can look at your area. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

27030 is my zip code. without my airrave device, i get zero signal on my cell phone, if that helps. Also, I have noticed my airrave device not holding a stable connection lately but i cannot tell when it disconnects. it disconnects at random. so i am not sure if that is the issue. but again, i have never ever gotten 8-9 hours screen time and i am always on wifi, very moderate use.. im not a heavy user at all. for example, my screen time last battery charge was 4 1/2 hours with 1 day 18 hrs standby. it seems like my standby is ok but as soon as i start to use the phone, the battery drains very very fast which isnt normal (i dont think).

also, the device i am using was a replacement sent to me by sprint (3rd replacement). i was sent a refurb phone instead of a brand new one like usual (which is one of the main reasons i have not renewed my contract).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have also went into recovery mode and cleared my cache. dont know if that will help.

right now my current battery is on 10 hrs 41 mins standby, 0 screen on time, 97%. i did check it when i woke up and it had about 9.5 hrs standby 97% so it looks like it hasnt changed in the past hour or so, and again, it has been 100% on standy. all i did this AM was clear a txt notification i had.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

couple questions

1-how is your reception currently?

2-if you pull up your running apps how many are showing up? you can retest this by restarting your phone and then without doing anything on it let it run for maybe a half hour or so..THEN go in and see what apps  are running..none of the 3rd party apps should really be running other than ones that sync constantly like emails etc.

3-if you go into your settings and locate the power/battery area..then pull up battery usage after you do the restart..this will show you the bare minimum for apps that are running in there at that time..post what you see to help narrow down the culprit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

cpstaley1029, When it comes to battery and device issues it's best to have tech look at it. You can always take it into a Sprint repair center. - Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

cpstaley1029,

I'm here to help. Rest assured, I'm trained to find a resolution to your issue. I've checked the local tower in your area. Our network team is performing upgrades to allow for better 4G/LTE in-building penetration. A few tips to help conserve battery life is to change the settings for the backlight brightness and backlight timeout to the minimum setting acceptable. Turn off network connections such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or 4G when not using them. Turn off the GPS when not using. Limit the number of applications running at the same time and close applications not being used. Set the device to auto sync e-mail and applications less frequently, and do not use the vibration setting as a standard notification setting. The Airave shouldn't be resetting itself. How long has it been resetting by itself for? It sounds like a device issue that may need to be replaced.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not the battery causing this problem, its the Kitkat software update, just Google it and you will see the multiple complaints. I have a Note 2 that all of a sudden (after the Kitkat update) began having a major battery drain. This new Kitkat boasts of efficiency but only because you have to turn off EVERYTHING that makes the phone cool. And then after turning off everything the phone still doesn't run efficient. Jellybean was able to run many features while maintaining a long lasting battery.

Highlighted
Master

drearrick,

Unfortunately, there is no way for us to revert the software back to the older version. We may be able to replace the device. Please click here: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X so we can access your account.

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

it looks like spotify, paypal, chompsms and another app (cant remember) were all running in the background after i turned my phone on and let it stay on for about 30 mins. I actually uninstalled all the apps but 1 (chompsms) since i use it as my default sms app.

As far as service goes, I only obtain service with my airrave (since i live in a very rural area with 0 sprint coverage... there isnt even a sprint store in my town) so without the airrave, i cannot use my phone at all. I use to run my GPS on power saver mode, but i have since turned that off and will only use it when needed.

checking my battery this AM, doesnt look too good as far as standby. I left my battery on about 77%  and when i got up this AM, it had dropped to 68%. Cant really tell what it was the airrave or what since my phone was on standby all night without being used but here are my stats after 1 charge:

1 day 9 hrs 46 mins

voice calls: 2 hrs

Cell standby: 1 day 9 h 46m (time without signal 2%)

task manager: 28 mins

android OS: CPU 25 mins stay awake 2m 30 sec

device idle: 1 day 8 hrs 49m

screen on: 59 min

media server: 9 m stay awake 1 h 1 min

music: 9m cpu foreground- 13 sec stay awake- 52 mins

looks like no apps were running throughout the night but again idk if there is somethng running and i just dk where to look.

i spoke to sprint yesterday and they are suppose to be sending a new airrave device because it sounds like the one i have has gone bad, again. as far as my phone, sprint has sent 3 different refurbished phones to me. 2 of which had some damage on the camera lens and bezel so i sent them back. the 3rd refurb also had some damage but not as bad as the others and when i went into the store i was given the run around so i kept the device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

oh really, @drearrick? I got my note 3 after the kitkat update so i have no idea how good or bad battery life was on the device prior. hows your battery life? maybe i'm just a pain but i was just wondering if it was me, my phone or what because, 8-9 hrs screen time on a reg would be great! i all honesty i should get that kind of battery life because im not a power user. im a light/moderate user. not even on my most bored day am i a super power user lol. I usually use my iPad 😃

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have definitely done everything you said here yesterday on a fresh charge. i think i lost about 10% battery overnight but the night before i only lost about 3% over a span of 9 hrs standby so im not sure whats going on from day to day

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat