cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 Wifi Issues

Journeyman

Galaxy Note 3 Wifi Issues

My Note 3 constantly disconnects and reconnects from wifi. As I work at home, I am about 4 feet away from cable modem. There is one solution I have seen posted about:

Under Settings- Wifi- Advanced, to "disable Auto Network Switch" but mine is greyed out with message "This feature has been disabled because mobile data is disabled".

Is this a known issue?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Wifi Issues

Goto settings, connections, data usage. Is "Mobile data" checked?

Journeyman

It is not checked

Journeyman

Sorry for all the repeats. It hung when I sent

Wizard

The wifi issue affects Note models GT-N7100 on Android 4.1.2 TouchWiz-based custom roms as well as stock roms. But I never experience it on the Sprint Note 2.

Still, the fix on any Note 2 (should work on the Note 3 if i am not mistaken) is simply dial #0011# on your dialer, Hit the menu button and choose, "wifi" If you see Wifi Power save mode on, just turn it off.

Only problem with that fix is that if you reboot your Note, the problem re-appears unless you perform the steps again.

Samsung needs to actually issue a permanent fix.

TS

Journeyman

How could sprint /Samsung keep stating this is not a known issue?! I've seen countless people discussing this in numerous forums. Let us know if it's a software problem or hardware problem and stop trying to screw over your "valued customers" . Thought I was eligible for an upgrade not a downgrade. 5 more days, if no fix or acknowledgement, return- new carrier- new phone. 14 year customer, and they could care less. Pathetic.

Wizard

Cybed65,

Thanks for the post. We have received several reports of this issue. There currently is no official solution for this problem. This issue has been reported to Samsung and hopefully they will release a fix for this soon.

AJ

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Anything yet AJ? Surely one of the largest cellular providers in the United States could shed a little light on the situation for thousands of customers. The right thing to do would be to offer an extended satisfaction guarantee but sprint doesn't seem to be in the habit of doing the right thing I. E., 4G wimax expansion, charging $10 extra per month for said coverage then backpedaling and saying is for data intensive phones which we like to use WI FI on anyways.

Wizard

CANTELUMBER13,

I know this can be frustrating but unfortunately still no official information from Samsung regarding this issue. Soon as we hear information regarding this we will inform you.

AJ

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

This may help.  I found that it helped the large battery drain I was seeing.  The Sprint Connection Optimizer was frequently waking the phone trying to switch the wifi settings.

System Settings -> Connection tab -> More Networks -> Mobile Networks: Turn off "Connection Optimizer"

If it doesn't help you can always turn it back on.

Wizard

Good tip, thanks

Wizard

Wek66,

Thanks for the helpful tip. Please let us know if this helps with the issue.

AJ

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat