cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Well, mine arrives today. My fingers are crossed, but not very optimistic. If I have the same experience, it's going back and not being replaced until I know the fix is in. I personally don't have the time nor patients to do the return, reorder, thing. Knowing my luck it will not be fixed and I'll be stuck with it. Right now the cup is half empty.

Highlighted
Journeyman

has anybody go t a call from sprint i receive a call from sprint i wasnt able to answer and they left a voicemail saying " hi .... my name is .... i work with sprint ive been working with shannon that youve been talking to on sprint.com about the note 3... the process and executive team got back to us with just a few questions that they would like to ask you so we can try to get a resolution as quickly as possible.  I went on to call him back and he just asked me basic questions how long before you hears the pops: right away.  is it calls just to landlines, sprint phones or all carriers: all calls have the same problem. do you have a case: no i dont. he said he would be forwarding this information so they could continue to look into it.

well at least they are trying to fix it..

Highlighted
Journeyman

has anybody go t a call from sprint i receive a call from sprint i wasnt able to answer and they left a voicemail saying " hi .... my name is .... i work with sprint ive been working with shannon that youve been talking to on sprint.com about the note 3... the process and executive team got back to us with just a few questions that they would like to ask you so we can try to get a resolution as quickly as possible.  I went on to call him back and he just asked me basic questions how long before you hears the pops: right away.  is it calls just to landlines, sprint phones or all carriers: all calls have the same problem. do you have a case: no i dont. he said he would be forwarding this information so they could continue to look into it.

well at least they are trying to fix it..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received and answered the call earlier.  Some basic questions about the issue.  Hopefully they can come up with a quick fix.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received and answered the call earlier.  Some basic questions about the issue.  Hopefully they can come up with a quick fix.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  I purchased two note 3's and they both can't hold a call for longer than 5 mins.  I have gone to the store twice and they told me to call the 800 number.  I called customer service twice as well.  They sent me to technical support.  The first time they walked me through updating my phone...which did absolutely nothing for the call quality.

The second time they said that they would have to send an engineer out to my local area to look at the towers.  This obviously isn't going to work if we are having issues all over the country.

Both phones are responding the exact same way, and I am extremely disappointed in sprint.  I previously had the iphone which was great.  I want the note 3, so if I have to leave sprint to go to another carrier to ensure that i can have the note...I will do so.  They have until the 17th, which is when my 14 days is up, to fix this problem.  Otherwise it's so lonnnnnnnnnng sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  I purchased two note 3's and they both can't hold a call for longer than 5 mins.  I have gone to the store twice and they told me to call the 800 number.  I called customer service twice as well.  They sent me to technical support.  The first time they walked me through updating my phone...which did absolutely nothing for the call quality.

The second time they said that they would have to send an engineer out to my local area to look at the towers.  This obviously isn't going to work if we are having issues all over the country.

Both phones are responding the exact same way, and I am extremely disappointed in sprint.  I previously had the iphone which was great.  I want the note 3, so if I have to leave sprint to go to another carrier to ensure that i can have the note...I will do so.  They have until the 17th, which is when my 14 days is up, to fix this problem.  Otherwise it's so lonnnnnnnnnng sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've gotten the phone call from Sprint as well.  They asked the same questions.  I also reported additional information:

-  Both 3G and LTE connections exhibit the problem

-  Roaming or home network still have the problem

-  Happens even with an extremely strong signal (-60 dBm range)

I too am happy that they are trying to fix the problem,  but they need to go further.  I would ask Sprint to make an executive decision as to how they will handle this.  In my opinion they need to:

- make an announcement of the problem

- share information on what they are doing to fix the problem

and most importantly

- Sprint needs to let us know if they are willing to extend our unconditional return periods if we decide to tough it out with the phone as they develop the fix.

I personally will need to get this in writing or by public declaration to stop me from returning my phone on October 17th.  I hope that Sprint has the good sense to work with us in this way.

Otherwise I suggest everyone to:

-  bring your phones back

-  have your purchase price and activation fee refunded

-  have your phone upgrade credit reinstated

-  be able to revert to your old plan (if you had changed it) or switch carriers if you wish

Having to refund all that money and lose clients would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good luck with that.

This is the same company where their "Social Care Team" wouldn't answer the question of whether or not this phone was Tri Band.

There were multiple sites and documentation that showed it wasn't but even up until the day before launch, the Social Care Team on this forum denied knowing anything about it.

What a JOKE.

I too want something in writing that says we have an extended warranty or time frame to return our phones. Otherwise I will be getting two new phones every 10 days for as long as it takes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine does not make a single call without dropping out the audio, random cracks, pops, or mumbo jumbo sounds from the other caller. I've called cell phones, land lines, and voicemail and they all do the same thing. Nobody had said there were any issues with hearing my voice.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello All,

I wanted to make sure to post an update regarding this situation. I realize that some of you have been speaking with my colleague Shannon via Private Message so you may have been updated already.

For those that don't know my team in combination with the Sprint product team and Samsung have been gathering all necessary information on this and have since escalated to find a cause and solution as soon as possible.

I realize how frustrating this situation is. We are making this a priority items and making every effort to get this corrected as soon as we can.

I also want to correct any misconceptions about our 14 day return policy. Sprint will accept no-questions-asked returns for the same or different model phone inside of that 14 day window. Please be aware that if you choose to use the 14 days return policy, the 14 days does not start over. This means if you activated a phone on October 1st and return the phone for a replacement device on October 5th the 14 days will be up on October 14th.

Please do not hesitate to post any addition questions in response here and thank you for your patients with us and Samsung while we get this situation addressed.

Thank you,

Chris

Sprint Social Media Care Team

Message was edited by: Chris_ra -  ADDITION:  I will make sure that this post/thread gets updated as soon as we get any new information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately I also have the garbled audio problem on my note 3.

A few observations:

The problem persists when connected to 3g data or LTE.

The problem goes away when roaming.

The problem appears to be limited to the audio you hear on the note 3 end of the call. The person in the other end does not hear any issues.

Hoping this is resolved soon.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat