cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Austin, Texas here. I too received my phone yesterday without any problems. I've made several calls under various conditions(ie: 4glte,3g,roaming) and have yet to experience any distortion or problems on my end or the other. By the way the single cable connection will work if you're just needing to charge the phone up or connect to your computer's usb for file transfer.

I'm wondering if the problem has to do with a certain build date(mine Sept. 16th), or build number/version (JSS15J.N900PVPUBMI5). Just a thought, probably not applicable,but one never knows.

Journeyman

I have tried to upgrade my Sprint phone that is upgrade eligible to the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but found that at the Sprint store the upgrade price was the highest.  I then shopped around only to find that a loyal customer paying the top monthly price for two phones has to pay $299 for the upgrade while a new customer only needs to pay $249.  Why does Sprint charge loyal customers more to upgrade phones than it does new customers? I am now forced to wait until my 2 year contract expires and then switch to another carrier where I will get a better deal and coverage than I do with Sprint. With the other carrier I can get the upgrade any time plan with $0 down for the phones for very close to what I pay Sprint each month now. My usage is low so I can save on a reduced usage plan and on the phone upgrades. I cannot understand why Sprint does not treat all customers equally and give them the same good deal? The current strategy results in me leaving Sprint in February. The marketing people at Sprint are as dumb as our politicians.

Journeyman

I have tried to upgrade my Sprint phone that is upgrade eligible to the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but found that at the Sprint store the upgrade price was the highest.  I then shopped around only to find that a loyal customer paying the top monthly price for two phones has to pay $299 for the upgrade while a new customer only needs to pay $249.  Why does Sprint charge loyal customers more to upgrade phones than it does new customers? I am now forced to wait until my 2 year contract expires and then switch to another carrier where I will get a better deal and coverage than I do with Sprint. With the other carrier I can get the upgrade any time plan with $0 down for the phones for very close to what I pay Sprint each month now. My usage is low so I can save on a reduced usage plan and on the phone upgrades. I cannot understand why Sprint does not treat all customers equally and give them the same good deal? The current strategy results in me leaving Sprint in February. The marketing people at Sprint are as dumb as our politicians.

Journeyman

Journeyman

In trying to upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 I must pay $299 for the upgrade while a new customer only needs to pay $249 at a Sprint reseller.  Why does Sprint charge loyal customers more to upgrade phones than it does new customers? I am now forced to wait until my 2 year contract expires and then switch to another carrier where I will get a better deal and coverage than I do with Sprint. With the other carrier I can get the upgrade any time plan with $0 down for the phones for very close to what I pay Sprint each month now. My usage is low so I can save on a reduced usage plan and on the phone upgrades. I cannot understand why Sprint does not treat all customers equally and give them the same good deal? The current strategy results in me leaving Sprint in February. The marketing people at Sprint are as dumb as our politicians.

Journeyman

I also have a Note 3 with the phone call audio problem. Its really bad.

I do want to say though that I have some chirping on VOIP (I use Google voice). Although the phone call issue can be a little/sometimes better I wouldn't say that its completely gone using VOIP.

Journeyman

i am curious if this issue is at all similar to the problems that the Sprint Note 2 has with phone calls on the 800 Mhz band, which was supposed to improve call quality and maybe indoors..i'm  not really sure what it was about. but i do know that there was an issue with this on the Note 2, causing Sprint to give the device an emergency PRL 2000, which would skip the scans for the 800 Mhz band... or something lol.

it would be a huge bummer if the same thing happened to the Note 3! kinda waiting on this before i buy the Note 3 on Spriint

Journeyman

Sprint removed the Thread started by their own "product ambassador" acknowledging the problem. I feel that this is their way of hoping it quietly goes away.

In any case I kept a history of it because worst case scenario I will file a claim with my credit card company.

The credit card company will then fight the charges with Sprint. This is way better than me trying to get anything done with them.

Considering the charges for the two phones w/o activation fees were over $800, I'm sure my credit card company won't let it go without a fight.

Here is the link to prove that Sprint did indeed have a page up.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gala...

I would advise everyone to keep that in their records as well.

Journeyman

Placed a phone call on speaker for a demonstration to a coworker that wants to get a Note 3. He told me it sounded like his Vonage phone back in the day when it would drop packets. LOL... Needless to say he's not buying a Note 3 now.

Journeyman

man if i dont get some reassurance that we will get some sort of extended return then i will be returning my phone by the end of my 14 days. which is on the 22nd

Highlighted
Journeyman

take this post for what it's worth, but hopefully it's true: xda-developers - View Single Post - Note 3 AUDIO problem and Sprint's Response

Journeyman

I just noticed that the Ambassador posted this today:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gala...

It doesn't address any of the call issues that we're having and in fact, you can't even reply to the thread. I was going to write something along the lines of, "We know the phone is great, we want to know what's being done to resolve the issue."

In any case, it's the same ambassador and it's pretty upsetting that instead of responding to our concerns, they post some useless garbage like that.

We know how amazing this phone is. We know how it blows every other device out of the water in terms of pure specs. What we want to know is what's being done about our phone working as a PHONE.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat