cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Highlighted
Wizard

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Product: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 White 32 Gigabyte Smartphone

Problem:

Receiving voice quality on a connected call is garbled with intermittent popping and frequency morphing.

Conditions: During connected call and hears through speakerphone, or headphones, or earpiece speaker.

Not present on music, video nor recording playback. Only occurs during a connected call.  Receiving party hears me clearly on their end.

Steps taken:

Called Samsung. "It's a hardware issue. Return phone or send that one in for repairs".  Called Sprint: "All our towers are up and functioning in your area".

Actions:

Returned first phone within one day of purchase. Repurchased Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (White). Same issue. Received call voice quality verified by Samsung rep at Best Buy. Exchanged phone #2.  Phone #3 exhibits the same poor call receive voice.  Three new phones. Same call quality.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thank you.

1,016 REPLIES 1,016
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi Richard

You saved yourself a few back and forth trips to exchange your new phone. We're all hoping that Sprint and Samsung work this problem(s) out, but they might not before our 14 (13 really) day grace period ends.

This, you're better off waiting until all the many Note 3 problems are identified, and fixed.

Everyone knows that the first step to recovery is admitting a problem exists. That the first step. Sprint has acknowledged the problem and is working in it (thank's Season). I don't know about Samsung.

Good luck.

John

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi Michael,

I wrote Amazon reviews for the white and black sprint phone. The xda forum wouldn't allow registering from a Sprint phone (do you blame them? ).

"Sorry, your IP address is blocked from registration. The reason is: Sorry, to prevent spam and abuse, we do not allow registrations from a Sprint Wireless IP"

So, I didn't post there.

Take care,

John

Highlighted
Wizard

Alert!!

If you returned or exchange your Galaxy Note 3 within 3 days... call Sprint (*2 on phone dial) to ensure they didn't charge you one or more activation fees.

I just called, and found that I had been charged 3 activation fees. Two were refunded that call and I got $15 credit (in addition) for my poor cellular reception this far.

You know what you have to do.

CALL NOW!

John

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was charged 3 activation fees as well. All of them were reversed and i also got some credit on my account.

Highlighted
Wizard

I was just informed by Amazon that my review of the Note 3 helped someone. Here's the review I posted:

Well, I'd post it but for some reason, tapping on the curse doesn't bring up the paste/clipboard option like normal (and the screen text just increased 5 fold for no reason. Like I've said, the web interface is quirky/buggy.

Highlighted
Wizard

I was just informed by Amazon that my review of the Note 3 helped someone. Here's the review I posted:

Well, I'd post it but for some reason, tapping on the curse doesn't bring up the paste/clipboard option like normal (and the screen text just increased 5 fold for no reason. Like I've said, the web interface is quirky/buggy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint are you paying attention?

I just checked a thread of slick deals. Multiple people said they didn't buy the phone because of the Amazon reviews and this thread.

Until a fix is issued I'll continue to persuade on every possible forum to avoid this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've blasted my facebook/twitter with this information as well. Sprint needs to do something about this pronto...

Highlighted
Wizard

AL ERT!!

SAMSUNG IS NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THE ISSUE

I just got off the phone with Samsung Technical support. The technician stated that her alert board doesn't relay anything about the Note 3 call quality nite Wi-Fi issues, nor any issues for that matter.

This is the Galaxy SII fiasco all over again, but with the Note 3.

(While I'm writing this on my Note 3 within the Sprint Communications forum, my Note 3 is popping up red boxed errors.

One error states "internal server error" ??! This phone is buggy, and it's my 3rd one.

Anyway, like I said in a prior post, the road to recovery starts with acknowledgement of the problem, and it doesn't look like Samsung is going to acknowledge it.

I remember my trials with the Galaxy S2... it's issues were plastered all over the internet, and none of my Samsung calls relayed that an issue existed. Back then I didn't heed the warnings cause I wanted the phone (just like I want the Note 3 for its beautiful screen).

Amazon has started emailing me many messages stating that users have found my review helpful. Within the 8 or so hours I've posted it, at least 3 have decided against the purchase.

I would love to hear from people who did get the Note 3, yet are having no issues whatsoever.

I believe I've read about 3 or 4 this far who've avoided the pain.

Like Dr.Smith said on Lost in Space... "Oh the Pain, the pain!"

ISamsung wanted me to send my phone in to be fixed even though I relayed that this is my 3rd phone and that, under contract, I could return the phone and still get a new one.

I also explained that sending my phone in will push me over the 14 day return allowance.

Their response? "Well, that's your choice, but we're recommending you send it in".

Completely disconnected from the issue and the purchase.

What are your experiences?

John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Our best bet is to continue keeping THIS thread going and publicizing the issue on various forums and sites. That's our best bet at getting Sprint or Samsung to acknowledge and fix these issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey John,

I am in Plano TX and I purchased my phone through Sams club and I've had my phone as stated in a previous post as of 10/09 and I haven't had any of the voice or garbled issues...yet... but I am nervous because it seems like every one is having problem's.

I have had one call drop but that seems like it's typical sprint...I had a HTC EVO(yes I know it's old) and it had call drops also with that phone but other than that no issues. I have noticed... that my note 3 will try to connect with Wifi automatically. I know a few people who have the the S4 and they have the same issues. I work at UnitedHealthcare and we have free Wifi at work and it always tries to connect. My EVO never did that. Like I stated I know two coworker s who have the S4 and it always tries to connect to Wifi.

I wrote a review on Amazons website and referenced the posts on this site regarding the voice issues and garbled voice problems and just let them know to do their research first. If i didnt purchase my phone when i did and I read these posts I would do my home work on these phones. I wouldn't have gotten the phone if I knew all these issues were happening. I also believe that the issues are wide spread. ..you have issues in Cali/Oklahoma/AZ/ and I've seen a few posts about the issues up north. But I wonder if people on other networks are having these issues too. Makes you wonder....feels like a cover up to me.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have not had any issues, I bought my phone from the sprint store in Lewiston, Idaho.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat