cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Sorry...fyi I have and have had multiple tickets open....I am supposed to call back in to give update...but dont feel like explaining the situation all over again for the millionth time.......

Journeyman

Koolio00 and JocelynP84,

I consider myself lucky to have gone through the Galaxy Note 3 problems.  I got it the first day and then returned it on 10/17.  Now I am not stuck with a single band LTE phone.

I learned a lot of things as i was trying to fix the problems and one of them was that the Sprint towers near me are being converted to Sprint Vision to be able to utilize Sprint Spark soon.  In that case I have decided to forgo getting the Galaxy Note 3 again and am waiting for the HTC One Max or Nexus 5 to become available.  I am going to pass on the LG G2 since it has no SD slot for expansion and I store a lot of music and video on my phone.

Some early posts have suggested that the 16GB Nexus 5 might only cost $349...without a contract!  If 32GB is $449 without a contract I will choose that option.  Anyway, I am just glad that I took no chances with the GN3 and returned it under the 14 day window.  Now I have many options open to me.

Journeyman

JERECHO7480,

Would you happen to have any of those ticket numbers so I can start researching?  If not, can you PM me your phone number and account PIN so I can find them in your notes?

Thanks,

Shannon

Journeyman

I have the very first one....on hand....19688461-131011....I hope you can look up all the more current ones by that....let me know if not....I will pm you the info

Journeyman

JERECHO7480,

I'll be able to get your phone number with that info.  I'll let you know what I find out and/or if I need anything more.

Thanks!

Shannon

Social Care

Journeyman

What's frustrating is that all my old phones worked in my house and my wife's current phone works, so it's not as if I'm out of service area. Also the phone shows many bars of service so it's either inaccurate or defective or something deeper.Also I lose service elsewhere while driving so it's either when switching from one tower to the next(but sometimes dropped even when stationary) all with many bars service. Yet only with the Note 3 which leads me to believe there's a design defect at a very base level that they will frantically try to patch vs. Recall. I'm very nervous about keeping this even though it's my dream phone.and I'm not even under contract.

Journeyman

Hi, Shannon, Got myself and my N3 to a store with tch support today, and again, they were not very helpful, although better than last time.  (But not until After I asserted myself.)  This was Whittwood Centre store in Whittier, CA, fyi.

Could you check on the towers/signal, etc. in my area.  I live near Lambert Rd. and Idaho St in La Habra, Ca 90631, and most of my use, thus far has been within a 15 mile radius of this.  I like my new phone.  I want to love it.  But, even after the update, my call quality AND data speeds are spotty.  I don't drop calls, they just sound poor.  What we all need and want to know is this a software issue, a tower issue (both of which have possibility of improvement) or is this just not a device that was made capable to deliver the LTE, etc  (One band, tri-band, I don't understand all of this stuff)  Will we ever get to know this?

I am wary, because of all that I have read on this forum about people's poor experience with the Galaxy 2 and no fix ever coming about.  i just purchased this Note 3, my most expensive device thus far, and I cannot afford for it to let me down for the next two years.

Thank you for your help,

~Julie

Highlighted
Journeyman

Installed update on Monday. Did not help. Call quality still bad. Dropped 14 calls within 25 minutes. Then dropped 2 more trying to call Sprint,  and that  was jus  tonight.  I'm tired of calling Sprint and all I get is sorry. 

Journeyman

Thanks...shannon....

Journeyman

What's frustrating is that all my old phones worked in my house and my wife's current phone works, so it's not as if I'm out of service area. Also the phone shows many bars of service so it's either inaccurate or defective or something deeper.Also I lose service elsewhere while driving so it's either when switching from one tower to the next(but sometimes dropped even when stationary) all with many bars service. Yet only with the Note 3 which leads me to believe there's a design defect at a very base level that they will frantically try to patch vs. Recall. I'm very nervous about keeping this even though it's my dream phone.and I'm not even under contract.

Wizard

Update review: The Note 3

By John

Hello my fellow Galaxy Note 3 owners.

Every now and then the Samsung corporation will come out with an awesome phone. Most everything just seems to work together within the phone.

Unfortunately there are times when a phone comes out that does not have these characteristics. The Galaxy S2 is a perfect example.

The issues with the Galaxy S2 were widespread and well documented. Much was promised for that phone by the people who sold it: however updates seemed to only make some issues worse. So what was the main issue? We wanted that phone. We wanted it to work. We believed the initial reviews. We believed the salespeople. The experience (financially and emotionally) is still a fresh wound for many of us, and the words that soon became a frequent chant regarding the Galaxy S2 still rings in our ears: "Never again".

Never again will I keep a phone past it's return policy if the hype... The initial reviews... The promises of a fix... show a coveted phone to be deficient, especially regarding voice or data or WiFi concerns: no matter what.

The rub is that there are a select few that never have the documented problems. I have personally vowed never allow myself to buy a phone where only a few are able to get a good working model. I must listen to the out cry of the people on the forums. I must listen to the reviews that criticize the phone. I must never again forget the very wise saying:

BUYER BEWARE.

What do we know about the Galaxy Note 3 aside from the hype?

1. VOICE QUALITY

We know that nationwide with Sprint and other carriers that the phone was unable to receive a clear audio connected call voice signal. We know this had nothing to do with any individual carrier but was widespread to the point that it was a phone issue and not a network issue.

We know that the manufacturer released an update recognizing that the phone had an issue that needed to be fixed.

We know that although the update did fix a snap crackle and pop problem with the connected call voice issues, other issues regarding the voice quality have begun to spring up nationwide. we know that people are reporting dropped calls, poor signal strength, dropped data signal, poor phone voice quality along with concerns regarding a single band network that will soon be outdated (when an already advertised Spark Network from Sprint is coming into play).

2. DATA

There have been reports of poor data quality with 3G and 4G signals dropping for no reason. there have been discussions about LTE connectivityand whether or not the Galaxy Note 3 will be compatible with the future networks to come (tri-band).

3. WiFi

There have been reports that WiFi connectivity is spotty and has problems.

4. Hardware/Native Phone Apps

There at the reports of sluggish response times, hesitation on screen input and graphics performance [lagging and hesitation with game Apps]. There have been reports of the keyboard being unresponsive or buggy or having possible memory issues [Swype/SMemo]. Excessive battery drain has also been reported.

Will these problems receive a fix and be worked out? Will this phone become obsolete when multi band networks come into play?

If a real problems existed with the phone and its hardware or software, would the manufacturer have a recall to make sure that nobody had to suffer with a phone that did not work?

The Galaxy S2 had many problems that were never resolved. The Galaxy S3 came out completely void of the problems of it prior model. The Galaxy Note 2 also came out and was an exceptional phone in all aspects and had no problems that Galaxy S2 exhibited.

The Galaxy Note 4 will come out in 11 months. in this wait, networks will change, technology would change, hopefully lessons learned by the galaxy Note 3 will have been dealt with; just as the S3 dealt with the S2 unresolved issues.

This is been a public service announcement. We now return control of the horizontal, and the vertical, of your screen back to you. This message has addressed the "Outer Limits" of:

BUYER BEWARE.

(Small print: absolutely every action or decision you make concerning this message is... at your own risk. The author of this message makes no guarantee that he will personally follow any of his own advice: namely, keeping the Note 3 amid controversy surrounding it's hardware and software issues).

Wizard

Hi MPMP1

It took me most of the day to get on this site. I've had quite a few issues with the web interface. Yes you are correct, there are many java errors. I'm hoping to write something up for the webmaster so they can look into these issues. There are many things that they could change expescially allowing a "go to page" option when forced to the message base top list... rather than having to flip through all these messages to get to the end.

I've been trying to diagnose the phone problems all day. There are workarounds for some things, and other things are just going to have to be fixed by the manufacturer (in the Note 4... grin).

take care, and have a wonderful day. John

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat