cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Highlighted
Wizard

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Product: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 White 32 Gigabyte Smartphone

Problem:

Receiving voice quality on a connected call is garbled with intermittent popping and frequency morphing.

Conditions: During connected call and hears through speakerphone, or headphones, or earpiece speaker.

Not present on music, video nor recording playback. Only occurs during a connected call.  Receiving party hears me clearly on their end.

Steps taken:

Called Samsung. "It's a hardware issue. Return phone or send that one in for repairs".  Called Sprint: "All our towers are up and functioning in your area".

Actions:

Returned first phone within one day of purchase. Repurchased Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (White). Same issue. Received call voice quality verified by Samsung rep at Best Buy. Exchanged phone #2.  Phone #3 exhibits the same poor call receive voice.  Three new phones. Same call quality.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thank you.

1,016 REPLIES 1,016
Highlighted
Master

Stitch4,

Thank you for the very detailed update and I'm glad you were able to choose the phone right for you.  Screen protectors are always great to have and you are correct, with the many different styles and types some decisions may have some negatives such as what you mentioned about your cases and the feel of it.  I hope everything continues to run smoothly with your new device after the update.  Please do let us know if you have any questions and thank you for continuing to allow Sprint to provide you your wireless needs.

Sprint Social Care Team
David

Highlighted
Master

Stitch4,

I do want to add you can edit your notification preferences by logging onto your Sprint online account, under your profile click on "Edit Preferences" on the right side column and click "E-mail Notification Preferences” tab.  It may take a few minutes to sync but let us know if it continues.

Sprint Social Care Team
David

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now I don't feel alone but I have the galaxy s4 which is having the same problem. Thought it was my earpiece exchanged it wasn't the problem. Exchanged my phone nothing changed. Updated everything possible still horrible call quality.it only sounds like that on phone calls or when I use s voice or Google's search over bluetooth.Pandora and youtube sound great through bluetooth and speaker. MY S3 SOUNDED PERFECT. Whatever they changed from s3 and note 2 Samsung has to figure out I'm getting tired of this horrible call quality

Highlighted
Wizard

this phone is phone number 9.persistence has paid off. This particular phone has a very strong data signal. This phone also has a better call clarity than any of the other phones I had. There is still a little bit of static while listening to a voice, but is something I can make do with it. I am very pleased with the data signal being about two to three bars better than the prior 8 Galaxy Note 3 phones. I would like to thank everybody who has given suggestions and comments, especially the latest one about screen protectors, and for your patience and your kindness. I know that the voice call quality is still poor. However, I am hoping that it does not die grass to something similar to my prior to 8 phones. All said, I am very pleased with this particular 9th Galaxy Note 3. It will hold me off until the note 4 comes out. At which time, I hope we don't go through this all over again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Browne Rd and DeArmon Rd. I receive popping and a "voice echo" which is a gravelly sounding echo.  I had tried switching to CDMA and back with no success. This occurs on both wi-fi and Mobile.I do have the MJ4 update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

we can therefore conclude that Samsung has indeed shipped a bad batch of Note 3s, along with some good batch of Note 3s, across the map

And that, except for Amazon & BestBuy, return policies from Sprint & Samsung sucks donkey balls.....they have mishandled the situation.

I'm sure more people are more willing to look into/consider other brands (LG, Apple, Motorola, HTC)....and other services (cellular) after this experience

The competition is getting good, and there are other *ahem* unlimited offerings we can consider in the future

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi Diapholom!

Well... I wonder if the underlying static and infrequent cutting out is the "norm" of what others have stated is a "good phone". It's the best of the litter that I've had, yet call quality is still very poor as compared to a "clear call".

But It sure is a better voice quality than the other 8 units I tested (exhaustively).

It's a very noticeable difference. About 60 percent difference (better).

The Data is consistent (thus far... I'm actually reluctant to state any of this as you know what can likely happen... I'll start experiencing the "issues" again). The signal strength is about 37.69 percent better (really [smirk]).

odd that you mentioned sprint and their policies. When I had called Sprint the last time, they mentioned to me that I had bought a phone from everybody but them. I explained that had I bought a phone from Sprint, my return policy would have only lasted approximately 3 returns, & I would have got a refurbished phone each time.

As you probably know, Sprint's "Unlimited Data" plan is false advertising.  It isn't unlimited.  Call (855) 235-8851 and ask that Sprint Department if you have limits on Data streaming. They don't want you using the HE multimedia 5.7 inch phase (or any other smartphone) to watch all that the phone was built and advertised for. Yes, there are native apps on the phone from Google, Samsung and even Sprint to watch movies, TV and Videos. But try to do it and you'll eventually get a cancelation notice per the Sprint Roaming Department at (855) 235-8851. I hope someone legally challenges their new and misleading "Unlimited Data For Life" campaign.

Below is a picture of a Sprint representative actively working on the "NOW" Network. You might even say that the rep is waiting for lightening to strike [waiting the Spark Network in the same way I'm actively waiting for Sprint's "Now" Network 4G].

93f8bff763e67445bb61bfcb5531080737aff784.jpeg

Highlighted
Wizard

The Smog was flown in from China for that picture above

Highlighted
Journeyman

For people who are considering other large screen brands, there's the Nokia Lumia 1520, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra & the HTC One Max

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/12/28/nokia-lumia-1520-now-available-from-amazon-for-49-99/

As for me...just waiting for the next protective case to arrive, from China, this week....made of aluminum & gorilla glass OVER the note 3 tempered one (blue color)

Screenshot_2014-01-04-16-39-56.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry but with over 10 million units sold this is not a widespread issue...my calls are as clear as if I were calling on a landline. This is Orlando FL and I have not heard of one complaint in this area about the N3. I stand by what I said this is probably a tower/area issue not the phone per se. There are only a few complaining of which I can empathize with but trashing Sprint and Samsung for producing a bad product because you believe it is one is really bad form.

Highlighted
Journeyman

you're quite correct on that one...we "believe" it is just a hallucination of ours....not big enough to be a cult

the note 2 is good, and we will-it-to "believe" that the note 3 should be too

(let's not forget john's superb experience of the S2 it belongs to the "few" abandonware enthusiasts, to be cherished)

if the problem is "small" enough...then the return policies of both Samsung & Sprint should be as good as Amazon's

anyhow, may the same issues happen to you too (in your future purchases),

and may you always REMAIN in "good form"

(orthodontic braces/dental prosthetics for you & your anglophile ilk / descendants)

XDA geeks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2540064

SPRINT

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/09/sprint-galaxy-note-3-owners-complain-of-garbling-morphing-po...

VERIZON

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/carriers/Verizon/discussions/Galaxy-Note-3-reception-and-call-quali...

http://www.google.com/search?q=verizon+note+3+voice+quality&hl=en&oq=verizon+note+3+voice&gs_l=heirl...

Highlighted
Journeyman

this warrants a separate post to the pretentiously inclined:

you can sympathize, but NOT empathize

As you have not gone through the same hallucinations as ours, regarding the N3-    we  "believe"

_Quantum_System_.jpg

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat