cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Message sent, great phone but can't keep using this phone if this doesn't get resolved.  It is a phone after all...

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm hoping Shannon can quickly get either a Samsung or Sprint response. Once the issue is identified, it's in everyone's best interest to get it resolved quickly and as painless as possible.  It is not only frustrating, but expensive during already hard times.

John

Highlighted
Wizard

Galaxy Note 3 owners with in-call voice corruption/noise/garbled and poor voice quality issues, please see the message by Sprint Representative "Shannon".  She's requesting all who are experiencing issues to send her private mail in the format she provided.

This is our opportunity to show Sprint/Samsung that an issue obviously exists for a hopeful speedy resolution.

Please log your complaint with Shannon (her message gives you a format to use). Just click on her BLUE NAME at the top of her message, then choose "Private Message". Don't forget to include "Note 3 Voice Issues" as the Subject line.

Thank you

John

Highlighted
Journeyman

I started a thread about this at xda developers forum and there are a few people with this issue as well.  I am on my 3rd note and they all exhibit the same behavior.    I have all black note now and it didn't make all difference.  Now I did find something strange today.  I work for FedEx and was in a different town today with no lte or upgrades going on and my voice quality was awesome.   No pops or garbled sounding mess.  I also noticed that while I was roaming, my call quality was perfect.   Now I'm back home and my call quality has dropped tremendously.  I'm back to the chirps, crwckling, pops, etc.....so I've come to believe that it's not a hardware issue with this phone as everything else works until I make a call on these new and improved upgraded towers.   I live in augusta ga btw.   My Samsung galaxy s3 didn't experience this before upgrading.  

So I'm assuming the radio firmware needs a serious update to be compatible with these new upgraded towers as no one on t mobile or at are having these issues from what I've researched. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Everyone with issues, let's try this, if you can, go somewhere where u would roam and make a call and see if the call quality improves.  If it dpes, I'm almost certain we have bad radio firmware on our phones for the new towers 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Roaming or not I dont notice a different maybe a little less pops but thats about it. Also is anyone experiencing the phone getting extremely hot only at the top portion of the phone mainly around the area of the camera after a few minutes of use? Thats the other issue I'm facing with this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine pops and distorts in LTE as far I can tell. 3G appears to be okay

Highlighted
Wizard

Humm... Although I've tried in town and rural areas of my town, I haven't actually left where my towers would normally cover me (i.e., it's the same tower my Note 2 flawlessly uses).  I would imagine that should the tower upgrades be the culprit, my Note 2 would experience issues. This is, of course, assuming that the hardware/software interaction is identical on these phones. The tower/phone/antenna/firmware variables might be able to be confirmed by Shannon (SEE MESSAGE #22) as that's something of a speculation on my part.

At any rate, your unique find regarding out-of-town variables would be something Shannon could investigate.  Did you send her a private message per discussion message #22 above? This is the first condition I've heard where the in-call voice corruption subsides.

It might prove useful (as well as everyone else's formatted private message to Shannon) in nailing this problem down.

Thank you for sharing that info.

John

Message was edited for typo's by: John032060

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will copy and paste my message to her in a PM.    I hope this gets resolved or I will be moving to a different phone

Highlighted
Wizard

Interestingly, my phone has displayed 4GLTE in town, yet only 3G a bit outside of town.  A Sprint rep suggested I change my mobile network to CDMA only and not the  CDMA/LTE . His rational was that the LTE scan was causing the distortion and the network wasn't fully setup in my location (though I was actually getting it in town). However, adjusting the CDMA setting made no difference to the voice corruption characteristics.

Also, my Note 2 is set to CDMA/LTE without any issues at all.

Just a  thought.

John

Highlighted
Wizard

For the most part (99%), I only get 3G. The voice issues are on 3G in my case.

Highlighted
Wizard

Was the phone wall charging (not via usb plug only) prior to the heat experience?  I know I've felt my phone get mildly warm when/after wall charging... which I think is normal (energy produces heat as a rule).

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat