cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Highlighted
Wizard

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Product: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 White 32 Gigabyte Smartphone

Problem:

Receiving voice quality on a connected call is garbled with intermittent popping and frequency morphing.

Conditions: During connected call and hears through speakerphone, or headphones, or earpiece speaker.

Not present on music, video nor recording playback. Only occurs during a connected call.  Receiving party hears me clearly on their end.

Steps taken:

Called Samsung. "It's a hardware issue. Return phone or send that one in for repairs".  Called Sprint: "All our towers are up and functioning in your area".

Actions:

Returned first phone within one day of purchase. Repurchased Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (White). Same issue. Received call voice quality verified by Samsung rep at Best Buy. Exchanged phone #2.  Phone #3 exhibits the same poor call receive voice.  Three new phones. Same call quality.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thank you.

1,016 REPLIES 1,016
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi ZDW!

I looked into TMobile. The actually have 4G where I'm at.  Sprint has been promising it for years. I'll probably get SPARKED by lightening [thrice] before Sprint's 4G makes it out here.

TMobile would be a $30 less cellular bill per month, but to transfer all my phones over to them [GSM], I'd have to shell out $1600 in like phone purchases. That's one shell game I can't afford [to convince ma wife] to play.

Below is a picture of a family living down wind of a Sprint cell tower:

c69e9938322b168ae95eb5c1715bfeeaa1669a26.jpg

Highlighted
Master

John032060,

Thanks for the link. Just to let you know, there is no official Sprint announcement about this update at this time. Just wanted you to be aware incase you do not see in the next few days.

Sean L

Social Care

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi Sean!

I'm a bit confused (but not garbled nor muffled).

Are you saying that there IS an unannounced update to the Galaxy Note 3 that I might not be made aware of in the next few days?

Or are you referring to the MJ4 update that was already released.

Or are you referring to the KitKat update, stating that there's no announcement planned?

Please clarify.

Thank you.

John

Highlighted
Master

Note33,

Thanks for posting. How may we best assist you?

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Master

ZDW,

Thanks for posting. We're sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your Galaxy Note 3. You mentioned taking your phone back in for service, since posting were you able to take it your Note 3 in to have a service technician look into this and if so were they able to address this issue?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Master

Hey ZDW,

Thanks for all of your posts.

We'd like to take a deeper look at your issue. Please send us a private message at your convenience. Ensure to include your Sprint phone number, security information (PIN or security question answer), and a link to this posting thread. This will allow us to communicate directly. Please allow up to 48 business hours for a response; we assist our clients in an orderly fashion. Thank you very much for all of your efforts!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

add me to the list of dropping calls. we just upgraded (or so we thought) to the note 3 2 of them one for me and one fopr wife, 1400.00 worth of phones that cant keep a call!!!!!! we both had s3's before these and never ever dropped a call! not in 7 months! now before you ask zip is 45404 and cross streets are troy st and avondale,

here is what i have come to figure out. we have bad service where we are, and the upgrades to 4g have happened. didnt help me a bit! anyway we have an airave and we have tried to get service by using the airave and not using the airave (unplugging it) still no help. in fact the phones will not even connect to the airave. i have even tried to drop back to a prl that diables the 800 spectrum still doesnt connect.

if i use an app to look at the actuall signal db i can see the 800 or the rtt side of the signal go from 94db to 60db ... it is all over the place. will not hold a signal for [inappropriate word removed]!

any word on an update to fix this issue! i am only 6 days into this phone and i am not going to get stuck with this peice of [inappropriate word removed] past the 14 day period for sprint. not sure if i should start doing the exchange process on 2 phones or just hold out? this is going to be a total pain to start swapping phones and doing the setups all over again.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi Stephen!

Re: not sure if i should start doing the exchange process on 2 phones or just hold out?

Although my name is John, please allow me to be Blunt.

Because I bought from best buy and Amazon, I was able to drag out the returns until Note 3 #9. I had to follow strick guidelines to accomplish this as well as know I'd be keeping the phone at some point.  Plus with credits and other stuff, I practically got the phone for free. Plus... I know I'm going to get the Note 4 when it comes out.  All this, and the fact thati make very few phone calls, prompted me this route.

If you truly need good call quality, and are experiencing unresolved issues, get away from the Note 3 NOW.  It's got problems no matter how you slice it.

36f961c0cee1a055b109ef23f1d76eb2872bcbe9.jpg

If you don't get out now, you may start something without a happy ending.

Signed,

Blunt

Highlighted
Master

The  MJ4 update was to fix the voice quality issues. There has not been any announcement of any new release over the next few days.I hope this helps to clarify.

Thank you,

*Paida.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

How do I look at private messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI, the MJ4 "update" did NOT fix call quality, at least for those of us here, on this forum.  Repeat ---->>>  MJ4 update did NOT fix call and signal issues on the NOTE 3

We are all quite tired of repeating ourselves, and of Sprint Care reps asking repetitive questions (what are your cross streets?), offering "solutions" that have already been tried (and have failed to help) (update/dial back your PRL, reboot your phone, etc.), and basically just attempting to appease us while managing to make absolutely NO PROGRESS towards a real solution or resolution.  Somebody mentioned in an earlier post (John?) that Sprint Care does this (pipes in) on a somewhat regular basis on this forum, just so that they can "show" that they are diligently attempting to help us with our issue(s).  You know, in case of a lawsuit.  Well, I think that this may be very true.  Logic tells me that if they knew how to fix this problem, they would do so post haste.  So, they likely don't know how to fix these phones, or just exactly what is causing the issue.  However, they also cannot fully and completely admit that there is an issue or defect in (some) of the Note 3s, they can only acknowledge our dissatisfaction and offer up useless advice to string us along.

And, yes, it is a further "insult to injury" that we (the owners of sub-par Note 3s) must be further inconvenienced and annoyed by multiple and repetitive (and lengthy) calls to Sprint, visits to Sprints stores, posts to forums, returns/exchanges of phones, etc.  And, I am loathe to have to set up and customize a new device repeatedly, which is why I have not joined some in the exchange circus.  I am only willing to do this when I can be assured that the replacement device will be better!!!  WHY can you not get this, Sprint people????  My interactions with Sprint reps have been fruitless.  Multiple times I have been promised that things will be made right for me, and then the guy or gal assisting me seems to just disappear.  Meanwhile, I receive another bill. 

Someone mentioned a class action suit.  I would be game, but those things take time as well.  And, the attorneys will be the big winners.  I would rather have Sprint give me some compensation NOW, in the form of a SIGNIFICANT credit on my bill, and I would like them to help me until I have a device that is satisfactory.  Then I will be happy to pay my bill each month.  Customer satisfaction should be any companies #1 priority.  Ugh, I am just a broken record here.  I am so sick and tired of this problem.  ~Julie

Highlighted
Journeyman

More advice from someone who has been here from the beginning to stephenr...GET OUT NOW!  Sprint will not help.  Don't wait, don't hesitate.  You will only find frustration.  Yes, the exchanging and redoing the phone setup and customizing is SUPER annoying.  I agree completely.  If you are a recipient of a faulty NOTE 3, or two of them, you need to return them.  And do not let Sprint charge you any re-stocking fees.  If I could go back and make different choices about this issue, I would have exchanged for a NOTE 2 when I was considering it.  Now, I am stuck.  I could not go back to my previous device, as it was too old and had issues (broken speaker and internal memory was insufficient).  But you had S3s.  Not too out dated.  If you can go back to these, that is what I would suggest (and make sure your contract is reversed to previous status) and then wait for a better device.  Good Luck!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat