cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

I picked up a new Note 3 yesterday and this unit seems to be doing it more than the first one. That coupled with the fact thatthe Sprint tech that came out to talk to me told me flat out this is my only exchange I'm pretty pissed off. I told him he's dead flat out wrong and he doesn't have the authority to tell me that. His reply was "it's this stores policy". Which I find to be complete BS. I've been woth Sprint 4 years and noone has ever told me that before. He didn't seem to think my reason for an exchange was a legit one imo. To hell with that clown. Meanwhile my calls are poping and distorting away.

Highlighted
Journeyman

where in illinois are you having issues? im in the crystal lake and schaumburg area frequently and without fail i drop calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

the issues that i am running into are that without fail whenever i place a call they are dropping almost immediately....i have had the phone since friday and i have had about 25 dropped calls since then (per the customer service rep that i was on the phone with this morning) the clown at the Crystal Lake store was extremely uncooperative and unsympathetic towards my issue and was doing everything in his power to not exchange or return my phone. his advice was to wait and see what happens essentially......hope this helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

I made a visit to a sprint corporate store around 7pm on 10-9-13 in Cerritos CA. As I entered the store I had a feeling they wouldnt even have a N3 on display after reading all the coments about first day visits to sprint stores stating that none were on display but as i got closer I could see there was a Note3 on display, powered on and ready for show. First thing i did was call voicemail from the phone dialer pressing 1. When it came on it sounded ok and there was no voicemail account set on the display phone so she kept talking explaining how to set it up.... I had the speaker on listening and then the chirps, pops and distortions started making the instructions hard to understand. I had heard enough and put the phone down. Walked twords the counter with two tech sitting there. One of the sales reps stoped me and asked how he could help and I explained the voice call problem with the 3 day old note 3 i had purchased and I asked if i could talk to the Techs about it. He said he had never heard of the issue. I told him how i could reproduce it on his display phone and we walked over and tried the voicemail call from there display. He listened to the call on speakerphone and the chrips began and sound droped. We then walked back to the Tech counter and we both explained the issue, they also both said they never heard of that happening on the Note 3. They asked me to call voicemail from my phone and i did. When she answers if you press 0 she will go into longer explanations so they get enough time for the chirps and distortions to start. Of course my phone complied and let them hear the issue we are all going through with voice call sound quality on our very expensive contract phones. Hmmm One of the techs then dialed voicemail from his 5s and it also made a small sound defect but nothing like the N3 and he stated see even my phone is doing it, infering that the sprint network is to blame and we all should just put up with it? Then the sales rep told the tech that no the Note 3 on display in there store sounds much worse as my phone does, not the small bearable noise his 5s made. I think a better response from the tech would have been something like We will try to do everything we can to get the issue resolved for you Sir. Not well see its our network, you will just have to put up with it like everyone else.... I also asked the techs to google "sprint note 3 garbled voice" to see all the new links that are appearing on the issue.

Message was edited by: blueskysforever         I also posted a review on Amazon describing the garbled voice issue we are all experiencing. I linked to several review sites clearly stating the problem this phone has so other people will be aware before they make a very expensive purchase and or disappointed with the poor voice call sound quality.I suggest you all do the same because I'm not really sure Sprint is getting the message or is going to do anything to remedy this issue anytime soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought the phone in Best Buy in Crystal Lake. I have had bad experiences with the people from the Sprint Store in Crystal Lake so I am buying my phones in Best Buy. Best Buy's customer services is much better, at least they are willing to help and  to swap out the phone without hesistation. I have exchanged my phone once and the problem still persist....the phone drop calls almost immediately, sometimes within 1 or 2 minutes. It sees to me like there is an antenna or coverage issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought the phone in Best Buy in Crystal Lake. I have had bad experiences with the people from the Sprint Store in Crystal Lake so I am buying my phones in Best Buy. Best Buy's customer services is much better, at least they are willing to help and  to swap out the phone without hesitation. I have exchanged my phone once and the problem still persist....the phone drop calls almost immediately, sometimes within 1 or 2 minutes. It sees to me like there is an antenna or coverage issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought the phone in Best Buy in Crystal Lake. I have had bad experiences with the people from the Sprint Store in Crystal Lake so I am buying my phones in Best Buy. Best Buy's customer services is much better, at least they are willing to help and  to swap out the phone without hesitation. I have exchanged my phone once and the problem still persist....the phone drop calls almost immediately, sometimes within 1 or 2 minutes. It sees to me like there is an antenna or coverage issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

has anyone heard of any other problems across any other carriers? i thought i read somewhere that the other three carriers were having some issues as well?

Highlighted
Wizard

To Shannon, Sprint, and Samsung:

Can you supply the group (and myself in a reply to this message) what Sprint has found thus far?

With the issue not occurring under VOIP conditions, and the problem being widespread, and one individual "pain free"as it were... what's the diagnosis?, and more importantly, the prognosis?

Can you share what you're found thus far, or what Samsung has relayed? Surely this is an appropriate request, since enough time has transpired that both Sprint and Samsung are aware.

A statement right now will go a long way with regard to loyal Sprint subscribers.

I guess I'm asking the "Now Network" to throw us a bone, "now".

Of note, I haven't tried call quality on any of my Note 3's prior to initiating the Samsung software update.

More importantly Shannon, by the 17th, almost all of us will be forced to return our purchase due to the 14 day deadline. None of us, no matter how loyal to Sprint, will, nor should, have to chance owning a Note 3 if it can't accomplish it's intended purpose, especially considering the cost and added 2 year loyalty it encompasses.

I guess I'm asking for a bit of Sprint loyalty back: to me, and all it's Note 3 customers.

Thank you.

Sincerely, John

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Note 3,

I purchased my note 3 through Sams online website and received my phone on Wednesday 10/9 (my bday ) and I have only had one dropped call and no crazy noise or garbling stuff on my phone. Let me knock on alot of wood because I feel for you guys right now. I am in Frisco Texas and so far I haven't had any problems. On Wednesday 10/9 I was on the phone for maybe 45min to an hour  after I received the phone and then another time for maybe 2 hours straight and had no problems with sound quality or popping. I read in a few places on this blog that people had issues with the VM..and I have not. From reading what every one is saying it sounds like a network issue but I am no Tech person. If I have any problems with my phone I will add a comment, but for all of you fellow note 3 buyers I AM SORRY THAT YOUR PHONE ISN'T WORKING and I seriously mean that because paying $400+ for a phone and it not working I would also be pissed.

But I do have a question: Has anyone been able to find a store that sells the chargers that come with the phone (the dual charging usb cord)? I have looked on Sprint/Best Buy/Fry's/Sams/Amazon websites and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I even went to Samsung's website and they do not sell (atleast online) the charger that comes with the phone. If anyone has found the dual charger please let me know.

Thanks

Stephanie in Frisco Tx

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat