cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

1,016 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?

Yes having distortion with games as well... ever since last update.

Master

9202051238B,

I'm sorry to hear you've had so many problems with your service. Do you have Total Equipment Protection on your iPhone? If so, I would suggest filing a claim to have the phone replaced. When a screen is cracked or broken there may be additional, unseen damages to the device and the manufacturers have asked that we not have our service and repair technicians work on these phones. Filing a claim with your insurance is the best way to proceed in these cases.

I see that you've opened another thread about the Note 3, have you tried any of the steps mentioned by Dj_Damjano or really1? Do you have the same problems with the call quality on the Note 3 in WI as you were having in FL?

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

After reading all these complains from other people who are having the same issues I have had since I purchased my Note 3 from the Sprint in Dec. 2013. Wish I would of read these reviews before purchasing the Note 3 which is a piece of junk. I can text and take pictures.

Gps doesn't work whenever I am traveling and need it to work. So is that the Tower issues again.

After I brought my Note 3, I went to Florida for 3 months during the winter. I had cell phone issues all the while I traveled to FL from WI. I had very poor phone service and couldn't even talk on the phone or hear what anyone was saying and no one could hear me other than garble and popping noises. I went to the Sprints in Florida with my sale slip and all needed information and 3 sales told me I had to return it to the WI store I brought it from. So I guess Sprint is not universal when products are brought in one state or another.

After reading all the issues everyone else is having, that tells me Sprints Towers cannot support the Note 3 phone.

Now they want to sell the Note 4??? Really Sprint, you can't fix the issues with Note 3, do you actually believe people will trust Sprint services on a Note 4??? I don't think so.

I have a son who has a HTC and he needs his phone for work and travel and fishing and hunting. He has terrible tower service. His contract is up Jan. 1, 2014 and he is done with Sprint. So that cell phone will be the first to go on my plan. I am up for an upgrade and I prefer to leave sprint. I have another son on my plan and he is in MN and has my Note 2 and so far no problems. I however while in MN had the same issues I had in every state between WI and Fl and MN and MI.

I brought an iPhone 5 and within 30 days it cracked from the speaker to the bottom of the phone. It is in a $50 otter case and it cracked. Took it back to Sprint and even tho I am paying the $11 insurance on the phone, they refused to do any thing for us. Sprint really needs to send some under cover people into their WI stores and find out how little there sales people and technician actually do for the customer. They would have a rue awaking for sure.

I deeply regret buying the iPhone and now I am struck with a 2 year contract. I have been talking with my friend who is attorney and I guess maybe a law suit is the only way I can get results.

Journeyman

hello John I purchase my about 2 weeks ago galaxy note 3 I already came with the new update software update. And had the representative from the Sprint store check the whole phone out with a computer to make sure that there's nothing wrong on the note 3. He confirmed that I had every single software every single app and all the other mix and match that comes with the note 3. The voicemail I have no problem with it I receive voicemails and I can respond to them all I can say is probably the batch that you got, me I live in Florida and its not happening here I hope this can help you. I think best buy bought the worst bi Polly refurnished no three and that's all anybody. I hope this info will help everybody.

Master

VIPNoMore

I just wanted to follow up with you.Have you had the opportunity to contact Samsung to see if you are able to send your device to them for troubleshooting? If not, here is there contact information. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Omar
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SO, I just finally had time to respond to SprintCare in a "private message".  It is so irritating that they request this.  Yet another step/time waster/hoop we have to jump through to try and resolve our problem.  But I did it, yet again.  I just don't understand why they can't just contact us by phone, they have our numbers, right??  Instead I have to log on, navigate through the forum, find the private messaging, and compose yet another message.  Repeat myself, again.  So annoyong!  Now I wait for the response.  I don't have any high hopes for a resolutoin, as I have already gone through these steps several times.  Spent hours on the phone with Customer Care, on hold, tranferred to another department.  Also exchanged several e-mails with a supposedly "higher level" rep.  Gone to the retail stores MANY times, as requested by a Sprint rep, to let a Technician take a look at the phone.  Over and over and over.  I have done what they asked.  I have been in contact with Sprint reps in every format:  here, by phone, by e-mail, in person.  No one seems to follow through and resolve this.  But I keep trying.

ZDW, are you still having good call quality after sending your phone to Samsung?  You had to send it twice, correct?  Do you know which component they replaced that ultimately solved the problem?

SPRINT CARE, if this is correct (customer ZDW has had his phone successfully fixed by Sansung) then I would like to do this, please tell me how.

It looks like John has stopped following this thread(?)  Must be having satisfactory call quality now (after his 9 or 10 exchanges).  Hope so.

~Julie

Master

Hey VIPNoMore,

Thanks for all of your posts; we can take a closer look at your issue.

Please send us a private message at your convenience. Ensure to include your Sprint phone number, security information (PIN or security question answer), and a link to this posting thread. This will allow us to communicate directly. Please allow up to 48 business hours for a response; we assist our clients in an orderly fashion.

Thank you very much for all of your efforts!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

ZDW, just went back and re-read your posts.  So, you have sent the phone in TWICE to Samsung, and the 2nd repair fixed it?  Is this correct?  what did they do to it the 2nd time?  How did you initiate this process?

Thanks again, Julie

PS...John!  How is it going with your 27th Note 3 (or whatever the number is)???  I hope well.  ;-P

Journeyman

ZDW,

Hi, I am confused a bit by your posts.  Maybe I missed something.

I got an email of one of your earlier posts that stated that you had just received the phone back from Samsung and it was still dropping calls and was worse.  Are you now saying on the 2nd day that the issue is resolved and your Note 3 is working well and having clear calls?  What happened that changed it?  Thanks in advance for clarification, and I am sorry if I missed something.  I try to read all of the emails and posts here, but there is a lot to follow.

It would be fantastic news if Samsung fixed your phone!

~Julie

Journeyman ZDW
Journeyman

Well, I received a notice that my message was deleted by the moderator????  Seriously.

Day #2:

Still no dropped calls as of yet.  It seems that the components that Samsung replaced resolved the issue.  My calls are also clear with no distortion.  I have been placing calls from the area in which I have been dropping calls the most and so far no dropped calls. Everyone I will continue to keep you updated, but it seems like this may be the route to go if you actually want your phone fixed.