cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! I am unable to make outgoing calls. Goes to my voicemail everytime

Journeyman

Help!! I am unable to make outgoing calls. Goes to my voicemail everytime

Since this morning (July 31, 2015) I am unable to make outgoing calls on my Galaxy Note 3.  Every call attempt sends me to my own voicemail.  I've tried rebooting, clearing cache and rebooting, and taking the battery out for 5 minutes but nothing is works.

I brought into a Sprint store and they couldn't fix it and ended up calling Sprint tech support. After half an hour and multiple attempts by the Sprint phone tech I was finally told I needed to be transferred to Senior tech but then the line went dead.

Does anyone have any experience with this?  If so please give me some idea's while I am waiting to muster the energy to call Sprint again.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Help!! I am unable to make outgoing calls. Goes to my voicemail everytime

You could try ##72786# in the dialer to reactivate

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Help!! I am unable to make outgoing calls. Goes to my voicemail everytime

I eventually did call Sprint again....  We did reactivate the phone, we did a lot of things but still nothing has worked.

Interestingly I discovered that I am able to receive calls from other carriers and from landlines but all calls from Sprint accounts go straight to my voicemail. I called Sprint tech support again today to update them and they were surprised to hear this. Two different Techs called my phone from their offices to confirm and sure enough I answered.

To me this indicate it's a Sprint network problem and not a problem with my handset.  Even changing my phone number wouldn't resolve the problem, in tech's opinion.

So they opened a support ticket but I am not optimistic this can be fixed. I'll give them a couple days to resolve this but if they can't I'll be forced to close my account which, after 15+ years, is a shame.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat