cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is your reception on your Galaxy Note 3?

Journeyman

How is your reception on your Galaxy Note 3?

I have noticed that since switching from my HTC EVO to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that I seem to get poorer reception.  I have dropped calls in areas where that never happened before.  When calling from my main areas (home and work) my friends have commented that I seem to sound more tinny and muffled.  I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

33 REPLIES 33
Journeyman

Re: How is your reception on your Galaxy Note 3?

I have had the opposite but it is on a different 4g net than the evo that I was on so it would vary from place to place

Journeyman

I went from a Note 2 to this and am experiencing the exact same issues.  I get much worse reception everywhere I go.  I used to be able to make calls from work but now it breakers up and people on the other slide can't hear me.  When there is good reception, they say I sound muffled and distant.  Going to speaker helps a little.  I also do not get LTE in areas where I used to with the Note 2.  Also a lot of times I get 3-4 bars on LTE, but says that I cant connect to the network.  This is really bad.

Edit:  Just saw this:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/135660?tstart=0

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't noticed any difference in voice connections between the Note 3 and my previous device, the Epic 4G touch.   The only time I ever had bad voice connections with the E4GT was when I had been signed into Google Voice for too long.  When that happened I'd sign out of GV then sign back in.

Data connections, on the other hand, are faster on the Galaxy Note 3

Wizard

Joichi2,

Thanks for the post. I can look into this for you. Was there WiMax in your area? If so the EVO would have performed better than a device with regular 3G. Let me look into your area to see if there are any network issues. Please provide your zip and cross streets. This info will also allow me to look into LTE developments in your area..

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  Lots of drop call.  Love the phone but this will not do. Coming from s2. Area code 46406

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  Lots of drop call.  Love the phone but this will not do. Coming from s2. Area code 46406

Journeyman

Journeyman

Im having horrible call  issues. Lots of popping, chirps, and high pitched noises and a couple dropped calls. 4G LTE signal is much weaker then it was on my GS4 and switches to 3g in places i always had 4G before. I will be returning the phone tonight. This is my second one and i don't think a third will make a difference. Very disappointed....hope this issue gets a fix soon.

Journeyman

Has anyone went on samsung site and rated the note 3. I was just one there and there is no ratings for the phone at all. Maybe we should do that to get there attention.

Journeyman

I have 2 note 3's (black/White) as a phone it is useless. cant even make calls, drops calls within 2 minutes. going to contact sprint from work, because not possible with note 3. I check the Sprint zone app, and it says that voice connection is strong. Also had a few 4G hang ups especially in buildings.

Hopefully its a simple firmware fix. because i really like this phone for browsing etc.

Journeyman

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your reply.

My home area has no high speed service.  No previous Wi-Max implementation.  No current LTE.  With both my EVO and the Note 3 I get a really strong signal at my home (typically in the -60 - 70 dBm range).  Although they both receive a really strong signal...the difference in call quality is very pronounced.  Crystal clear on the EVO and never drops calls.  The Note 3 has popping, static, modulation, and screeching and also sometimes drops calls..even with this strong signal.

LTE is starting to be implemented in my geographic area and if I travel to where I get a strong LTE signal the Note 3 performs exactly the same.  Terrible call sound quality with the Note 3.

I will PM you with my ZIP and cross streets.  LTE service is getting closer to me...just curious when it may be installed in my area.

Thanks Sean.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat