cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Screen on while in Google Maps

Journeyman

Keep Screen on while in Google Maps

Any way to do it besides changing timeout settings or an shortcut that would do it?

I found "Screen on" that sounds like the perfect solution (select which app would leave screen on when running) but it did not work.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Keep Screen on while in Google Maps

ItsMeee

Is the sensor on your Note3 covered at all? If the sensor gets covered on the device at all it will turn the screen off. I know my screen stays powered on on my S2 when using google maps but I will look deeper into this as well.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope nothing covering it, it is in a holder on the front windshield.

Wizard

ItsMeee,

While viewing Maps, are you actively using the GPS for turn by turn directions, or are you simply viewing the map? Usually, when an application is physically being used, the screen wouldn't timeout.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Not using navigation/turn by turn, just displaying the map with traffic showing but GPS is on.

Ok this would be why unfortunately we have not found a way around the screen timing out when you're not in turn by turn navigation. If you do use the turn by turn instead though the screen should not time out on you.

Thanks,

Krishel
Social Care

Journeyman

For anyone else that stumbles across this later.

I found a simple solution that worked KeepScreen that you select what app to have keep the screen on.

And then I found Llama which is very in depth but can take any condition or multiple conditions and when they occur trigger and action. So I setup when Maps running change screen timeout to never and when closed turn back to ex. 5 min.

I then went on and setup quiet time with certain users that would ring thru at night etc.

Enjoy

Thank you for sharing ItsMeee

Glad to see you found a fix.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat