cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My problem with Sprint handling the Note 3 Situation

Journeyman

My problem with Sprint handling the Note 3 Situation

I have never posted on here before, but I have read through most of the forums here and I think its safe to say that most of the talk around here is negative towards Sprint and how they are dealing with announcements for the Note 3.  I like most people here, am very (or was very) excited about the upcoming Galaxy Note 3.  Sprint has effectively "killed my buzz" for this new phone.  I signed up to "pre-register today to receive alerts" the very day that page opened.  Maybe this is just me, but I have yet to receive any alerts from Sprint.  I daily search google with "Sprint Galaxy Note 3" and find new information regarding it, such as the latest October 4th release date.  Why am I not getting any alerts from Sprint about this? Also, why is Sprint so slow to start pre-orders? Other carriers started days ago. Not only that, but 350 dollars? Now i admit that if that is the price for the 62gb and the 32gb is less I will be okay, but If that is not the case why the extra 50 dollars? And once again, isn't pricing something you would alert people of who signed up for your "Alert" page? If the phone is really coming to Sprint in 2 weeks, preorders should be open.  We should have finalized specs on the sprint page, and a price for each option.  It is just difficult to believe that Sprint has to wait this long and cant possibly make these things available, when other carriers have already done so in lightning speed by comparison. These are my gripes, someone please correct me if I am wrong, Im not trying to be mean or anything but I just want to know more about Sprint and this device!

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: My problem with Sprint handling the Note 3 Situation

I have come to the conclusion that sprint is using the 'Keep Updated' page to determine how much demand there is for the device to justify the higher price point. Like you I was excited about this phone until the $50 price differential. Again, like you, if this is for the 64GB version, kudos to sprint and my faith in the company will have been restored. However, my expectations are much lower now. Perhaps the S4 is in my future. I am willing to take any other suggestion on phones, but >$300 is definitely hard to justify.

Journeyman

I have signed up to be notified about phone launches for both sprint and Verizon.  Not once have I ever received a email.  I agree with the person above me, I think it is just a gauge to see how many people are interested.   I'm hoping they look at people's comments on here and realize their mistake but that is doubtful.  I know I have been waiting for 2 months for this phone and now I will never get those 2 months back, I will not spend $350 for a phone on contract unless it is for the 64gb version and even then I don't need that much storage anyways, that is why it has a micro SD card slot.

Wizard

LOVERACING1988 wrote:

I have signed up to be notified about phone launches for both sprint and Verizon.  Not once have I ever received a email.  I agree with the person above me, I think it is just a gauge to see how many people are interested.   I'm hoping they look at people's comments on here and realize their mistake but that is doubtful.  I know I have been waiting for 2 months for this phone and now I will never get those 2 months back, I will not spend $350 for a phone on contract unless it is for the 64gb version and even then I don't need that much storage anyways, that is why it has a micro SD card slot.

I would hate to disagree with you but these devices need more storage. Granted 32 GB is better than 16 or 8, but at the rate that alot of folks download their music or videos into their phones for off line viewing (since they won't work in the cloud if the phone is on airplane mode) then it just makes sense to offer the highest storage possible.

As much as I advocate for Sprint, in this regard, I find this move totally does not make sense. $50.00 over what the competitors are charging for the same internal storage version is just shooting yourself in the foot. but please note that the news brief has no mention of what version the device is having. So for all intent and purposes we all may be jumping the gun and think its the 32 GB version when it may well be the 64GB version. Now if the $350 is for the 64 GB version then, Sprint needs to market that fact as fast as possible, otherwise folks will think its the 32 GB and not get it on the carrier.

Hopefully Sprint will do the right thing here and offer the 64GB version for that amount of money, if not, they just shot themselves in the foot.

TS out

Wizard

If the Note 3 is coming with 32GB standard and Sprint hasn't said anything about the amount of memory they're offering in their announcement (I haven't read the official statement yet), I would assume they're offering the standard 32GB phone.  In that case, charging us $50 more than other carriers isn't exactly appealing.  However, the 64GB version probably would be worth the extra $50.  If Sprint surprised us by offering the 64GB version, that would be great, but unfortunately, I seriously doubt that's the case.  I think we're going to have to pay $50 more up-front than everyone else for the exact same device (with 32GB of memory).

Journeyman

and that's also not to mention either that the Sprint version is single band LTE and all other carriers have triple band LTE which really makes no difference to me because they haven't even put LTE 4G out here in San Diego, Ca which blows my mind yet they roll it out  to small towns like tinbucktoo. I am very disheartened right now, but like you say I think it is in their best interest to justify to us the consumer why is the reason we are having to pay $50 more than everyone else on other carriers, not the way to go if you are trying to gain new customers and a sure fire way to lose your loyal customers too.

Journeyman

Fact Sheet: Samsung Galaxy Note® 3 & Galaxy Gear | Sprint NewsroomThis says that it will be $350 for the 32 GB version. I really hate this. I wish Wirefly would tell us when they are getting the Note 3 and for how much because I guarantee it will be more affordable than the ludicrous prices Sprint is charging. I hope all the potential new customers see how poorly they treat their existing customers and realize that $100 off one time on a phone is not enough to justify  years of grief with an overpriced, undercovered company with really slow data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All this means folks is you don't buy your phone from Sprint.  Use Firefly or Amazon, bound to be cheaper.  Best Buy and/or mall kiosks tend to be cheaper as well, and Best Buy will most likely have a discount AND offer a gift card.

Stupid move on Sprint if you ask me, people will find the deals, which means not spending money at Sprint stores.

Journeyman

I think I may have figured it out. This is due to that deal Sprint signed with Apple. I just did some research that might give you perspective. Directly from Apple (unsubsidized), the IPhone 5s RETAILS for 749.00 but sprint is offering the phone (upgrade or new contract) for 199.99. Sprint will probably offer the Note3 at the same retail price as the Ip5s while Verizon is offering the Note3 at retail for 699.99. So how else can we explain the iphone having $550 dollars subtracted from its unsubsidized price while the Note3 will only have $400 subtracted from its unsubsidized price?

Sprint got in bed with Apple, so if you arent in bed with sprint and apple....then youre gonna get screwed.....

My plan will be to wait until late october or early november, find the note3 gsm for about 550 brand new, sell my sprint s3 to pay the etf and run to tmobile and pay pretty much the same amount but at least have usable data speeds.....just my thoughts

Journeyman

GN3 now available for preorder on Best Buy's website.  The phone is $799 without a contract for all carriers on that site.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=4398464043940251077&i...

Journeyman

hahahahaha!!! Under the sprint version the model number just says "MOBILE PHONE". How unprofessional is that? certainly gives me no confidence. just looking at it makes me think "oh....so sprint doesnt even have a model number? why is that? (starts looking up model numbers....finds all the rants on no info from sprint, overpricing, useless data speeds, and being late to the game behind even VERIZON (go figure)).....  Sprint is beginning to look like an Apple subsidiary......smh

Journeyman

So whats up with sprint pre orders? should I just go to best buy?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat