cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Update ruined my Note 3

Highlighted
Journeyman

New Android Update ruined my Note 3

The newest update that was forced on me today has caused some major buggy issues with my Note 3! Auto correct will not work! It used to correct the word then change it. Now it wont. System is running slower, like navigation is not as smooth. When ever i restart my phone i get an error message saying "system intelligence not responding"

Before anyone asks i have updated my profile! Nothing works! This sucks big time because my Note 3 rocked 4hrs ago! Ive never had issues with this phone! Its been amazing! Now its all [inappropriate word removed] up! Tell me something is on its way to fix this! I hope this isnt a stupid way for samsung to try to get me to get the Note 4! I just got this phone!!! I havnt even had it a year! [inappropriate word removed]!

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Master

thornedesign78

Here to help. Try dialing ##72786# this will reset your device to factory default without erasing your content.

Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Resets make me nervous. What will it change on my phone? Will all my settings be set back? Can you guarantee that is wont erase anything?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here.  I updated yesterday and the phone seems really slow and the Sprint Email App no longer works.  I use this app the most since it combines all my email into one inbox.  Not very happy with the new update.  Something needs to be done to fix this issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just tried using this advice and it doesn't fix the problem.  The new Android software update is horribly slow and glitchy.  Not compatible with some Sprint apps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's better than mine because as soon as my screen would dim, I would have to reset my phone to even use it and it will continually do that over & over again! I couldn't make calls, get texts, NOTHING! I am not liking it at all!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dialed the number. It reset my phone, but im still getting the message "intelligence service stopped working"

Ive tried clearing the cache and data from the intelligence service as well. Did nothing. Obviously the update has a glitch and doesnt work with the note 3. Is there a way to go back to the previous version before the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is now constantly giving me an error that my email has stopped working. I have noticed that the auto correct isnt working very well anymore either. , please have Google fix this problem. If i can't use the services i am paying for then why am I paying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update! I managed to get the auto correct working again! I reset the settings for the keyboard and reselcted my preferences. Now it's working again!

Highlighted
Journeyman

First off, don't do an update unless your phone is not working right from the jump.

If it ain't broke? Why fix it?

Two, sometime during an update the phone skips the app optimization part. If you didn't notice a screen saying this you may need to do a factory reset on your phone.

And you would have notice it. It would've said optimizing apps 1 out of 89...as an example.

Remember, factory reseting your phone will clear all your content on the phone. But, the phone should work perfect afterwards. If not, then Samsung and Sprint really messed up the Note 3 on purpose.

Also, I haven't updated my Note 3 and have no plans to. 4.4.4 does nothing to make the phone perform better but, has ever chance to make it worst...as you're finding out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish I didn't allow the update. I've always had good luck with android updates with this phone and other previous phones so I didn't hesitate. I've learned my lesson.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Updated a few days ago and had the same problems.  I spent 3 hours with Samsung support and finally backed up my phone using Keis, reset the phone and then restored the phone.  Works again.  Every person I've talked to about this has contacted support and each time they claim that they haven't heard of the issue.  I don't believe it for a second.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat