cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customers Pay less?

Journeyman

New Customers Pay less?

Why is it that if I'm a new customer I only pay $250 to upgrade but as a returning customer (for over 12 years) I pay $350 which is $150 more than if I jump ship and get the phone from Verizon or AT&T both of which have it as $199.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New Customers Pay less?

Ok, so Verizon will give me a Note 3 and a S4 for the same price sprint will give me just the Note 3. I think the writing is on the wall here.

Journeyman

My bank gives a$50 credit to open a new account. Should I be upset since I already have an account, and don't qualify

Journeyman

Your really going to compare a opening a bank account to buying a cell phone?

Journeyman

You start a discussion with a rhetorical question and expect the world at large to ignore it? By the way you can't disagree with the logic, It's a sign on bonus plain & simple.

Journeyman

What you pay is what they use to give a break to the new customer. At first that seems to suck but when you were a new customer you got a discount too. 

Journeyman

You are obviously missing the meaning of rhetorical, only Sprint can answer why they charge $150 more for old customers and charge even new customers more than any other provider. You kind of take yourself out of any meaningful discussion with a response like that.

Also, when I bought my first phone with sprint (Nextel then), phones literally cost $100 bucks and I received no discount then either.

Master

JVFeragola,

Thanks for posting. The different in the cost for devices between new and existing customer is, new customers may be porting in a number from another carrier. If so, they may qualify for a port in credit which will help to reduce the cost of a new device. For existing customers, we suggest utilizing the buy-back program to help offset the cost for upgrading. For more information on our buy-back program please visit www.sprint.com/buyback. 

Thank You,

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team 

Master

JVFeragola-

Thanks so much for your post! At times we have certain promotions which are geared towards attracting new customers, however that doesn't mean we don't appreciate your business! We do run various promotions throughout the year which are available to every consumer. We also offer additional ways to help you save. Have you utilized our Buyback Program? This can be done easily by accessing www.sprint.com/buyback. Also, we offer a wide array of discounts to employees of many corporations. To see if you qualify, please visit www.sprint.com/verify.

We sincerely appreciate your business and long tenure with us!

Warm Regards,

William
Sprint Social Care Team 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat