Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3 gets "failed to update" after attempt to upgrade to kitkat

Journeyman

Note 3 gets "failed to update" after attempt to upgrade to kitkat

I go to upgrade from Mj4 to kitkat. When I go to System Update, and download, the phone reboots, attempts to install and I get the "firmware update has failed'..

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: Note 3 gets "failed to update" after attempt to upgrade to kitkat

Cybed65

Thanks for the post and my apologies for the issue. Are you still having the issue? If so, I strongly suggest visiting the nearest service & repair center. You can find the closest store here > www.sprint.com/storelocator

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's a moot point now.

The upgrade fried the motherboard and I had to send it in for a replacement. The local store did not have a loaner phone so I'm on a "burner" phone since 2/26. The replacement was supposed to arrive back at store in 2-3 business days, but as of now, (3/5), it has not. Why as a 10 + year Sprint customer, I could not get it overnighted is beyond me.

Eduardo, this is not directed toward you personally, but at this point, Sprint is not high on my list.

Highlighted
Master

Cybed65,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear that the update fried the mother board on your Note 3. Is this being replaced through an insurance claim? There might not be any available stock in the warehouse and is causing this delay. We do appreciate you being a longtime loyal customer of our and hope the replacement arrives very soon for you. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone arrived Wed of this past week ( sort of outside the 2-3 business day window). My wife picked it up on Saturday as I was out of state. Funny thing, she was told by Sprint reps to NOT UPGRADE to kitkat but to keep postponing it as in their words "buggy".

This is okay but does have to be done every three hours or so.

Is this something that is known issue and why is Sprint/Samsung not publicizing this more?

Highlighted
Master

Cybed65,

Thanks for replying. We're happy to see that you received your replacement device. Unfortunately, this not a known issues as. This specific malfunction is not occurring with everyone whom updates their software. If you wish to continue ignoring the notification, that's definitely an option. As you mentioned it happens every few hours and become a bit of an annoyance.

Thank You,

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat