cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3 update 4.4.4 kitkat email stopped not working

Journeyman

Note 3 update 4.4.4 kitkat email stopped not working

Just got my Note 3 update 4.4.4 and email is not working properly. Don't know what else is going to be wrong. But why?

135 REPLIES 135
Master

Re: Note 3 update 4.4.4 kitkat email stopped not working

MUSTANGCOBRA2004

Thank you for informing us of this issue. Please try this step settings, general, system update, and update profile. Test your device and keep me posted.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Im having the same issues and updating profile did not correct the problem!

Journeyman

I am having  email shutting down also, prl and profile did not help.

Journeyman

Well. Email shuts down. Also after clearing all running apps. My phone is getting warm draining battery fast. Due to something is still running email prompt. I had no issues until the new version 4.4.4 came out. I had updated prl,profile. No difference. Restarted, took out battery etc. The only thing to do is shoot my phone and go woyh Verizon. Sorry. Love my note3 until now.

Master

MUSTANGCOBRA2004

Thank you for sending us over a post! Have you got your Note 3 looked at by a service and repair location by chance?

Let me know.

Krishel
Sprint Social Care
Master

gcipherg Are you able to connect to the internet on the device? - Lavauna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I had no issues until the new update. The nearest sprint store is 2 hour drive away. Sorry not going to happen. How can install the 4.4.2 back to my phone. Until the bugs are worked out. Or please call me. Not doing a hard reset either. Thank you.

Master

MUSTANGCOBRA2004,
I'm sorry to hear you've experienced issues with this update. Unfortunately, you cannot revert back to the old software version. Please try dialing ##72786# on your keypad. Your device will go through a series of updates; please try not to interrupt this process. Once this is complete, test your phone out to see if the issue is resolved. Please keep me updated on the outcome.
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes. I have Internet. I am writing to you from my phone but it took a while to open the email up. Just email is so slow and can take up to 30 or more seconds to open. Or it will just freeze.

Master

MUSTANGCOBRA2004

I'm sorry to hear this is happening, it's definitely frustrating when things don't work like we need them to. It sounds like the internet is up and running. You can take the device to a service and repair center to see if they can recover the 4.4.2 software-they usually don't like to do this, but they would be the people that could help. I recommend that you go in, so that your device can be backed up, but you should back it up before you go in. To find the nearest repair center, please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for trying for the update fix. No fix. Right now it's saying Email isn't responding. Do you want to close it? it has been also been saying unfortunately, Email has stopped. And back to the issue as well. I do notice that my phone is still running something in the background for witch is causing my phone to be hot and running the battery down fast. I do not have any virus. Like the original post. I had no issue until the new update was installed on Sunday, after that, problems started, but only with Email. That I noticed. I have been replying back from work on my phone. Internet is working with no issues, I can get on Facebook, you tube etc. Is there a tech I may call from Sprint or Samsung? Thank you. Richard.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat