cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3 update 4.4.4 kitkat email stopped not working

Journeyman

Re: Note 3 update 4.4.4 kitkat email stopped not working

Okay guys and gals. I fixed the problem. No need to go try to take it to the sprint store witch for me is about 129 miles away. The fix for email stopped working is this. Go to email and settings, account then delete all accounts you have. Reinstall them, and bam. It's fixed. Simple. Man I'm good. At least it works fast and smooth on my phone. Try it out on yours. Have a great day.

Master

MUSTANGCOBRA2004 - Thanks for the post. I would advise taking the device to a service location to have a tech take a look. The direct number for Samsung is (800) 726-7864. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm seeing this same problem, except that it started about a week ago and I'm still on NC5 (4.2).  I did find something elsewhere that suggested deleting all accounts and re-adding them.  So I deleted both accounts, cleared the cache on the Email app, re-installed all accounts and it worked fine.  For about 2 hours.  Now it's back to doing it again.

Like I said, I'm still on NC5, so this issue is not related to the new 4.4 update.

Anybody find anything else to try and fix this issue?  It's *super* annoying.

Master

MUSTANGCOBRA2004, I am happy that it is now resolved. Deleting the email and resetting them back up is the way to resolve most email problems like this. We are glad everything is now working. Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you all. Thank you for choosing Sprint!

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is there any other way to fix this. I tried everthing and nothing work. I cannot even get into the accounts to delete and reset them up over. I go to settings, general, accounts, email....under "common settings" I press "settings" thats not working. The screen just turns black and shows only the notification bars.

Can someone please figure this out.....this is not good

Master

SHUTTERUP, I can help with this! Before re-installing all the apps did you try resetting your device? *Jazmine Social Care
Journeyman

I now have my email working great in Exchange, Yahoo or any additional 3rd party emails.  The problem with the update is the stock email app form Samsung is corrupt.  I went to the Google store and downloaded an better email app that does more and beyond then the stock app. Aqua Mail - email app - Android Apps on Google Play

It works perfect... Hope this helps the community until Samsung or sprint resolve issues.

Master

Gunny0321, Thank you for posting. I assure you, we are working with Samsung in order to determine a fix. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm here for you. - Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi, I haven't uninstall, re-install or done anything. all i tried to do is use my email and it does not work, absolutely nothing works. I tap the email app and all it does is the screen turns white then total black with only the notification bar showing and then minuets later it says "unfortunately your email app stop working" or something along those lines. I cannot even access the settings to try and delete the email accounts. I cannot do anything at all and I'm so frustrated with this.

Journeyman

Try opening applications manager, go to email, delete cache and data. This will wipe your email accounts.sorry..this is what I had to do at the Samsung tech center. Then you have to add your email accounts back with ssl and port settings etc. It's a pain...

Master

I recommend you going to a Sprint Repair Center at this point. You can find the nearest one by going to storelocator.sprint.com. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is crazy and getting worst, after not getting any calls today and wondering what was happening, come to find out my phone while its lock and if someone calls me it vibrates twice and ring once at its very lowest volume and then stop, however it does not show that i missed a call or someone was trying to reach me.

I am really tired of this, I have been with sprint since god knows how long ( I must really love misery) and take care of bills. I cannot for the life of me understand why I am still dealing with sprint and keeps renewing my contract.

I don't have any coverage on my phone because I am very careful with my phone, what I did not expect was for SPRINT and SAMSUNG to brick my phone.

My email is not working, I cant get phone calls and who knows what else is not working broken and or corrupted SPRINT needs to repair my phone and give me my same phone back or replace it. I am just tired and frustrated with the service from sprint. service has been going down but since softbank took over its been nothing short of a train wreck. Please i need these issues to be resolve ASAP

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat