cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3 update 4.4.4 kitkat email stopped not working

Journeyman

Re: Note 3 update 4.4.4 kitkat email stopped not working

What is Sprint Social care? I thought this is a forum that can help people with problems. Only one person tried telling me about ##72786# but I see SHUTTERUP is having major issues. I remember when Sprint personal would call you to help you fix the issue with a Tech, Not just send you to the nearest Sprint Store. For me it's a 2 hour drive to the Sprint help center. Really? Sometimes you can fix your phone or issues by searching the internet from other places. Go figure that. Sad. I have been with Sprint for long time as well. This kind of customer service sucks. Sorry. but true. I do know that sometimes sprint customer service is tough, but if someone would actually look into the issue and find the problem. Then POST it to this site where people are trying to fix issues. People wouldn't get so frustrated. I have been with Sprint customer service before for I kid you not 3 Freaking hours. Yup. was the problem Fixed......NOPE. Told me to take it to the Sprint store.

Journeyman

I have absolutely no idea what to do with this phone. I am so disappointing with the entire debacle of not only the unresponsiveness of sprint and Samsung but the service from sprint, you guys need to be front and center letting the consumer public know that there is a major issue with the latest update and they are working to resolve the issue.

If anyone have some sort of suggestion please post here as sprint seems to have no idea or desire to deal with this problem. All they seem to do is give the same robotic generic response "Go to a Sprint Repair Center"

I am so frustrated I cannot find the words to describe how I feel about this whole thing, and then to add insult to injury my bill is 1 day past due because of work and I'm been threaten with collections, seriously softbank AKA SPRINT seriously!

Master

MUSTANGCOBRA2004 We will do all we can to provide a resolution when there is a issue. However, there are some issues that cannot be resolved over the phone which would require taking the device into the Repair store.

Lavauna
Sprint Social Care
Master

SHUTTERUP

I have a Note 3, my wife has a Note 3, My 64 year old mum has a Note 3 and countless others in my building and social groups, none of us are experiencing any issues what so ever. I tell you this because us referring you to a store is not a robotic response but the only one we can suggest when we have such a small number of customers having an issue. The Galaxy Note 3 was one of our top sellers and if there was a known issue with the device our social networks and forum would be flooded with people having issues. 90%25 of the issues with that device are user related meaning there's some specific app or program installed on their device that is not something we can immediately identify without going having the device in hand and looking at the setting. I suggest doing a clean wipe of the device if you run into issues after an update, 99%25 of the time the issue is caused because there is an app on the device that needs to be updated to support the new software that hasn't. Have you tried another email app? Have you tired updating the app that you are using? Keep us posted.

- Clyde
Sprint Social Care
Master

SHUTTERUP, I'm really sorry to hear this. We definitely want to help you on resolving this issue. How long have you got this device for? Because if the device is less than a year old, the warranty should cover any exchange if needed. Have you taken the device to a Sprint repair store to get a second opinion? Let me know so we can help you with a resolution. Saul, Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Clyde i meant no disrespect but you telling me your entire family,friends and social network has a note 3 and all have no issues is really not conducive to resolving the issues i having. Im really glad everything is going well for you. I'm frustrated because my phone was working perfectly fine prior to this update.Why should i have to wipe my phone and task myself with reinstalling and reconfigure my phone because of an update that is not ready for primetime. I did try another email app which did work. So thats no longer an issue however it doesn't sit well with me that i had to use another email app without actually fixing the issue.

Journeyman

Saul i think it might still be uder warranty I'm not really sure

Master

SHUTTERUP,

I can resolve this concern for you. Please allow me a more in-depth look into this. For further assistance, please visit http://bit.ly/1qQty1X.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Laurel,

Thanks for trying to help me. After much fiddling with the phone I was somehow able to get into -->Settings--General--Application Manager--All, I was able to tap on the email app and clear cache and data, which seems to have worked. Granted I could not access this settings 1-2 days after the new update was installed.

The only issue (i hope) is not been able to receive calls while the phone is lock. As stated the phone would vibrate twice and ring once at is very lowest level and this happens no matter what I do even if I adjust the ring volume up and I close/lock the phone using the power button it reverts back to the low ring volume and no missed calls or message after this happen.

Journeyman

Just to chime in here. I had the 4.4.4 update come through two days ago and had the same issue with it crashing my stock Email app, same as described here. I first downloaded 3 other email apps - they all worked just fine - but I sort of like the stock app and widget better, overall. So, though it's a pain because I have several, I went ahead and tried deleting all my Email accounts and reinstalled them. That worked.

I have to agree: telling a customer that a system upgrade can't be the problem because you and your family don't have problems is rather inconsiderate and somewhat condescending. It's Programming 101 - if everything works just fine and the only thing that changes is the system upgrade, and following the upgrade something no longer works just fine, the issue is with the upgrade programming, not the customer. (It's also Customer Service 101 not to be defensive and tell them the fault lies with them, but rather to actually listen to them and try to help them,)

Since others are having the same problem, it's apparent that there is some programming glitch with the update (even if it doesn't happen to everyone). The best response from Sprint Support - at least the one I'd most like to see - is that the customers are being heard and that the issue will be reported so that hopefully a resolution can be found for a future update.

Master

Greggrz - We appreciate your feedback on this issue. We are fully aware of your concerns, and we are working diligently on getting this resolved.
- Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did take it into a service center however I was told there is nothing they can do because I have no coverage on my phone. My issue with this is my phone has been working perfectly until this update. I did not damage my phone SPRINT and SAMSUNG Damage my phone so I don't see why I have to pay $75 or what ever it takes for my phone to get fix or  just to get looked at. I take very good care of my phone. Since day one my last phone HTC EVO is in mint condition with no damage still to this day, I know the value of a dollar so I take very good care of my things.

So where do I go from here, sprint please contact me with some sort of resolution to get my phone fix please I look forward to hearing from someone with an answer.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat