cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3

Wizard

Re: Note 3

qwallace904,

Thanks for your post. Here a few other items to consider when deciding to get this device from Sprint; our buy-back program, which allows you to sell us your old device to help reduce the cost for upgrading. Along with our rate plans. Understandably, purchasing the device from Sprint directly will cost $50.00 more than with other providers however, the higher cost one will pay with another carrier monthly, will add up to be far more $50.00.

In the event you're in an area where you're experiencing data concerns, simply provide us your zip code and nearest cross streets? We'll survey the tower performance and report any service issues to our technicians so that will be properly addressed.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

DePaul,

I understand the difference, but first time buyers and uninformed customers are simply going to see the bottom line.  Which is that they are paying $50 more for the device than everyone else.

ALSO, kwubballa brought up another awesome post regarding the fact that Sprint's version of this phone is single band LTE.  What. A. Failure.  Seriously, the LG G2 is triband, the S4 mini is rumored to be triband, and the Mega is supposedly triband.  This device will be crippled from the moment it hits the streets.  6 months from now (if you are in an LTE launch area) Sprint is going to bring you an 800mhz band LTE, which will provide much better coverage and building penetration.  And if you buy the Note 3 you won't be able to use it.  I wanted this device, I though for sure it would be able to access all bandwidths that Sprint is bringing forward, but this phone WILL NOT be future proof while many other phones Sprint is releasing are.  This flagship device should be tri-band, end of story.

Imagine it, the triband devices will have access to LTE on 3 bandwidths, 800mhz, 1900mhz, and 2500mhz.  The Note 3 will have access to the existing LTE 1900 mhz only.  So considering that Sprint's version of the Note 3 will not provide as much access to LTE as other variants, it's pretty dang hard to digest the increase in cost.  Fail.

Wizard

dwilliams8880,

Thanks for your reply. At this time I am unable to speak specifics regarding whether or not the device will be a triband deice. To obtain the latest information regarding this device, please visit the following link; http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/samsung-galaxy-note-3-available-on-oct-4-with-sprint-unlimi... . Additionally, not all device will include all the features and services one desires. Customer are always encouraged to visit www.sprint.com/phones and compare the devices that peak your interest and choose the one that incorporates all your needs.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

I might be wrong but with what I know, LTE works on 700-850-1700-1900-2100mhz, and the Sprint Note3, as stated by Sprint fact sheet, will work on 1900mhz and 2100mhz. That is what AT&T and T-mobile ones will run too. No difference on the LTE antena they will have, the voice and 3G, naturally, will be different.

Again I might be wrong, but with what i have read on LTE, that's what I have learned.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes and no DJ.  Yes LTE operates on all of those spectrums, but Sprint does not own them all, that's where other network providers come in.  AT&T and Verizon both broadcast LTE on a lower spectrum, 700 I believe.  The lower the spectrum the farther the signal will travel and the more it will penetrate buildings.  Sprint currently is only broadcasting LTE in the 1900 mhz spectrum, much weaker than the others.  HOWEVER, Sprint shut down the iDEN network in order to broadcast LTE on that spectrum, which is 800mhz getting closer to rivals ability to blanket coverage and get into buildings.  When they do broadcast on that spectrum Note 3 will not be able to access it, therefore crippling the phone for years to come.

And I do realize not every phone will have every feature we want.  But if you're going to charge a premium for a device, 17% more than the competition, then shouldn't that device at least MATCH what the competition can offer?  If you're answer is "no" then you're lying to me and yourself.

Master

I did not mean to say that Sprint operates in those frequencies, and all but Verizon (here in US) run at 1900mhz and 2100mhz. Also the way technology is moving, these phones will be a thing of the past within a year or two, and to be honest, I don't think Sprint will start running on 800mhz anytime before that.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

dwilliams8880,

Thanks for replying. Your concerns and feedback is greatly appreciated. I apologize if you feel that Galaxy Note 3 possibly only working on the 1900 MHz spectrum will cripple the device. If the cost is a concern, feel free to explore some of the solutions that were previously mentioned. Additionally, we offer a 14 day return/exchange time frame. Feel free to test out the device and see if it meets your needs.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

So from everyone's response all we know its phone will be $50 higher at sprint store than 3rd party retailers maybe.. and we don't know why and as for the Triband , when the new LTE bands kick on if they ever won't be able to use them. Will have to consider getting something different or wait till last line comes out of contract.  Now answer me this  what does a fair LTE signal means because my house is cover under fair but yet I don't get it and I was told nothing could be done cause I was not under BEST coverage.

Master

LOL nice summary, and to answer your question, fair means no LTE inside your house, and maybe some LTE outside lol.

And by the way, so far that I know, no phones in US are triband capable for LTE.

Journeyman

Sprint LTE Tri-band phones are - LG G2; Samsung Galaxy s4 mini ; Samsung Galaxy Mega (mid-range phone)

Journeyman

WHAT A JOKE. Stop giving us scripted answers off a prompter.

We know that the phone isnt triband. A simple search in Google will prove that as evidenced by numerous threads in other forums.

Sprint really needs to train their employees better or just get rid of their entire Sprint Social Care Team because all I ever see are cut and paste answers that don't actually answer any consumer concerns.

Master

I apologies for that, you are right. While I was searching some more, I found this for the note 3 version SM-N900R (thought to be Sprint Note3):

Secondary_Cellular-Networks: CDMA800 (BC0), CDMA1900 (BC14), LTE850 (B5), LTE1700/2100 (B4), LTE1900 (B2), LTE700 (B12)

you can read more here.

Again, not sure if this variant is Sprint or not, very confusing out there. lol

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat