cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3

GrandMaster

Re: Note 3

once sprint has their system up and fully running wont it be running the lower 800LTE along with the 1900LTE? looks like it will only get the one..that bites

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

fireguy_6364,

Yes this is true, Sprint enchanced Network will be equipped with both the 800LTE and 1900LTE .

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

But the brand new "flagship" device that Sprint is charging 50 dollars more than the competition will ONLY be able to run on the less efficient and spotty 1900Mhz LTE band..... You forgot to mention that part...

Journeyman

Understandably, purchasing the device from Sprint directly will cost $50.00 more than with other providers however, the higher cost one will pay with another carrier monthly, will add up to be far more $50.00.

This is a joke right?  Then where is the extra $50 price tag on the iPhones?  There is NO explanation for the Note 3 costing $50 more than the competition besides greed.  And that's fine, you're a business, you can be greedy.  But we don't have to stand here and take it.  I consider my bill is lower because Sprint's network is inferior to AT&T and Verizon, and considering we already subsidize the devices anyhow it should not cost more. 

Master

As mentioned previously. Who cares! No one is saying you have to buy it directly through Sprint. You don't like the price, go somewhere else; Amazon, Wirefly, Best Buy, Target Wireless, etc.. They always have it cheaper then the carrier, regardless of carrier and you can still get Sprint Insurance when you activate it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I'm going to Best Buy.  That's where we bought my wife's GS4.  The phone wasn't any cheaper, but the insurance was.  It was like $169 for 2 years compared to $10/month at Sprint.

Master

I've got the BB insurance myself. Definitely a good deal.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I have a question.  Someone else in another post made a great analogy of the the different bands being like freeway lanes that the phone can switch to to get better service when the bands get crowded.  So isn't it plausible that when newer tri-band and dual-band phones are released, the 1900mghz spectrum probably won't be as crowded and service may actually improve for phones such as the Note 3?

Journeyman

Well call it what you want but the 1900 band sucks cause in my small town of 50k people they can't cover whole thing. Will have to wait till official release and pricing on 3rd party retailers ... Lg g2 not looking like a bad option at 199$

GrandMaster

basically the 800 band is for shorter distances but is much stronger...the 1900 mhz band is more used for reaching out further..the smaller the number the more powerful it is...but so is the distance it can reach without losing strength

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Apparently what people don't realize is all of the 3rd party pricing is based off of sprints pricing in the 1st place!  If they would price it where everyone else prices it, 3rd party retailers would have to price it below that to be competitive, instead they simply have to price it at 300 with all of the other carriers and it seems like a deal for sprint customers.  I've actually tried to get a change petition going to try and get sprint to lower the price of the phone to make it competitive with other carriers.

http://www.change.org/petitions/sprint-lower-the-2-year-contract-price-of-the-samsung-galaxy-note-3-...

GrandMaster

the petition wont change anything..especially with so many options out there on who you can buy it from 3rd party wise..BB, Radio Shack..etc..i dont see them budging one way or another

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat