cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor reception

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor reception

I have a problem with my galaxy note 3. The phone cant seem to keep a good reception. It is so bad that i can be standing still and the signal would fluctuate up and down like crazy. I dont know what going on i tried rebooting, updating prl and profiles, even restoring the device. i dont think its the towers in my area because my other phones are fine.And the data is the only thing affected its sometimes get so bad the phone doesnt even pick up a signal and neither calls or text will go out.This is very frustrating because i am paying for a device that i can barely use without having some kind of issue.

my area is 90744 nearest cross streets Avalon and sepulveda.

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Master

If that's the case, then it does sound like it could be the device having an issue. Anyone in your area with the same phone having the same issue? If not, then its definitely your phone, but if they are to, then it could be a problem with that model.

I'm suspecting though its probably your phone. Since you don't have insurance, it would cost you $35 for Sprint to look at it and diagnose it being a hardware issue and work on resolving it.

Let me know about anyone else having the same phone, I'm gonna check to see if the Note 3 was made available in Tri Band or not so we can check that out as well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Dude i had same problem email me i got a little trick sprint failed to tell me so i drove 35 miles to fix it in 2 minutes. Email me Redwingsgurl19@gmail.com

Highlighted
Master

armywifeof1,
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm here to help you the best way possible.
- James
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I asked weeks ago how to get the date on my pictures on my Galaxy Note 3. No help at all! I'm just trying to help the other person cause I had to travel too many miles when the sprint tech on the phone could of saved me a trip!! And I was having the same trouble hes having now. So if I can help him I will.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Curious if the la habra/brea california area will be getting lte soon. All i ever have since i moved out here is 3g.

Highlighted
Master

Shivers0084 - Hi, according to Sprint.com/coverage , you should have LTE and Sprint Spark in the area's requested. Do you have a LTE or Sprint Spark compatible phone? If so, have u had a chance to take the phone to the nearest Sprint store to have it diagnosed? Please let us know. Thank you.

- Kas

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was havng the same issue resulting in a lot of dropped calls.  I was able to take mine into my local sprint store and they installed an app called prl helper and were able to do something with the settings in that.  I haven't had an issue since.  I'm located in Washington State but here is their phone number ************.  Perhaps you can call them and they can help you.  I do remember that they said the solution is not one that is widely known about.  Ashley is a good person to talk to there.

Message was edited by: TheModerator

This is a public forum.  To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I leave in the Carson area. My reception was amazing. I got full cell bars and data speeds were always 5mbps or faster with download speeds.

For over three months or longer. Three bars on cellphone reception and data speeds are 2.5mbps or less!!!!

I think sprint has throlle down the 1900mhz band to make it appear our phones are busted.

If you go to Domiquez car washwash (across the street from Carson mall) you should get full reception bars and faster data speeds. Or at least in the area.

Also, have you done all the updates for the Note 3?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shiver0084, my reception use to be great going up and down the 91 freeway. Now, its almost to the point I do not want to talk on the phone.

I work in Anaheim and live in Carson/Compton area. I think Sprint has throttle down the 1900mhz band to make it seem our phones are busted.

Highlighted
Master

BATMANX35,

I checked the area, I did not see any issues. What device do you have?

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Patron

Got the new LG G5 great phone but awful reception poor wifi in home can not get online outside of home. Looking for help but it looks like there hasn't been any recent posts. Help.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

looking for help with the Note 3 or the G5?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat